Comments section has major problems

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Just spent considerable time writing a comment on Bhi's Hunting For Crocodiles. Only for the comment to disappear 😡  like has happened so many times now.

It is a shame for the author but it seems as though, unless I copy and save as I go along, we risk this happening again. I could not do it again so something needs to be investigated or it puts me off spending time commenting. {blue}:tears: Sorry 😕  

Posted : November 14, 2020 2:01 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

So, When you've written the comment and you click to submit it, what happens? When you say you've lost the comment does the system just throw up an error when you submit or does it look like the comment posted successfully but never appears?

Does this happen every time? 

Posted : November 14, 2020 2:13 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member

Alison - copying & pasting your comments from a Word doc is always worthwhile. Then at least you've got a re-usable copy from another source. 🙂 

Posted : November 14, 2020 2:23 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@ukadmin No, I never get the chance to click...suddenly it just goes and sometimes taken to another page I did not click on (not UKA btw) {blackemo}:crazy:  

When it happened today I back paged and the comment was there for a second then went like the rest. It does not happen all the time but if I have spent a long time reading into a poem and then commenting, it is enough to have me tearing my hair out.

Posted : November 14, 2020 2:39 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@stevef Yes, seems like I will have to do this to save what little sanity I have left. xxx 🤪  

Posted : November 14, 2020 2:41 pm
Share: