Forum

gee
gee
@gee
Trusted Member
Topics: 2 / Replies: 54
Reply
RE: New work front page

When I checked the site just over a week ago, there was a link that said CLICK HERE on the front page and a message to say that there would need to be...

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

What do you think about putting a small discrete button on each piece of writing with donate to uka on it and perhaps something on the front page expl...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

Well, I meant that with regard to how we'd like the site to look but it definitely has to be functional, as you say. That's a very good point and, ...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

@griffonner I think you're right in that we're not completely sure what we want. For me, the main concern is that the active membership seems to have ...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

@griffonner @ionicus When I first started on this site there was a membership fee. I paid it yearly over paypal and then it was stopped. The problem w...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

So much I agree with in the last two posts! I very much like the idea of a magazine style site. I looked at some of the examples and I could see so...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

@ionicus It's not pouring cold water on it at all and you're completely right that we do have to be realistic. That's why I suggested a newsletter s...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

Yes, I had an idea that might be the cost of getting it done. I'm uncomfortable with you paying a chunk of that because we all use the site and you pa...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

@griffonner - that's really useful to read through. I've seen many sites pop up on twitter, post for a bit, then disappear so, as you say, any posting...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

Regarding the youtube channel that Nic suggested we set up, I wondered if that would be for one of the site members to run? Or, if we are thinking of ...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

That's worth a try, I think. I'm not up for doing it, unfortunately, but it sounds interesting. I've had a look at your other posts and anything that ...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

Nothing at all to do with you, Nic. I'm referring to what's happened in the past on the forums.

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

Ok, I misunderstood. So your idea is to create a channel on youtube? I don't know if it would work because it hasn't been tried. If you wanted to try ...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

@ifyouplease The thing is we have a youtube forum. No one has posted on it for 3 months. I appreciate what you're saying, but that doesn't really ba...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: How to get UKA back on top?

First of all, some very good points from Allen and Richard. This site has been going for years and there's a lot of loyalty from the members but we do...

3 years ago
Forum
Page 1 / 4