Comments Stream

• jay12

From jay12 on Shaken and Stirred

Cold! Very cold revenge. Nice poem though.

2016/07/23 at 12:53 am
    • ionicus

From ionicus on Shaken and Stirred

Thanks for your approbation, Jay.
      This was written for a writing challenge which required the use of certain words. What resulted was this poem describing the feasibility of a criminal intent.

2016/07/23 at 9:41 am
      • gerry

From gerry on Shaken and Stirred

You have an amazing way with words Luigi, What were the words ? I forgot to tell you I loved the picture on your other poem πŸ˜‰
        Gerry.

2016/07/23 at 12:39 pm
        • ionicus

From ionicus on Shaken and Stirred

When read in a different context a piece acquires a new meaning, Gerry.
          Our instructions were:
          “Write a story or poem that uses these phrases: ball back, first serve, just out, all in white”

2016/07/23 at 12:58 pm
          • gerry

From gerry on Shaken and Stirred

I See; I am completely in the picture now — long time since I played cricket…you integrated the words well.

2016/07/23 at 7:47 pm
  • jay12

From jay12 on Helen

Virgil would approve.

2016/07/23 at 12:49 am
    • ionicus

From ionicus on Helen

And Homer too, I hope.
      Thanks for the comment Jay.

2016/07/23 at 9:26 am
      • gerry

From gerry on Helen

Bloody hell Luigi you have taken a few liberties here, I don’t know if I should have laughed — but I did. You told the tale well. πŸ˜‰
        Gerry

2016/07/23 at 12:33 pm
        • ionicus

From ionicus on Helen

Well, Gerry, I have it on good authority that Agamemnon, Menelaus and all their mob didn’t think it was a laughing matter.
          I’ll let you into a secret: I wrote this for a writing challenge that required the use of five names relating to body parts. You may be able to find a few more than five.
          Cheers and good hunt.
          Luigi

2016/07/23 at 12:52 pm
  • From belcanto on Precious Memories.

My favorite lines:

Daisy chains, and watching butterflies,
    Holding hands, and looking to the skies.

Very tender and achingly sad, too. Your poem evokes a feeling of something special lost in some way, whether to time or for other personal reasons. (Came back to edit my first comment because it was shallow and didn’t do your poem justice) bel

2016/07/21 at 1:23 am
    • gerry

From gerry on Precious Memories.

Bel, thank you for your kind comment. Their are some things we should probably keep to ourselves — but then what is poetry for πŸ˜‰
      G x.

2016/07/21 at 10:16 am
      • From belcanto on Precious Memories.

Yes, what is poetry for. πŸ™‚ I’m afraid I let it all hang out in my stuff. But self awareness and understanding of other players often result. A way of getting at the hurts and helping with healing/letting go.

2016/07/21 at 4:22 pm
  • From belcanto on Final words

Into my favs, btw. I think. My first have-a-go at bookmarking! πŸ™‚

2016/07/19 at 6:26 pm
    • elfstone

From elfstone on Final words

Ohhhhh thank you!! I haven’t ventured into the innards of the site to that extent yet. Still learning what we can do here and it is fun! πŸ™‚

2016/07/19 at 6:57 pm
      • gerry

From gerry on Final words

Elf I realise that you must have had recent distress and i am truly sorry. I think it was Gandhi who said ‘words will only hurt if you consent’. I am an old codger. I have served in the armed services, the police force and thirty years in the medical profession. I know full well what words can do if you let them. I have had visits from the police because of lies, and been cheated out of inheritance. If your conscience is clear rise above it. Nobody wins who cheats— ever.
        Gerry.
        PS I had an article published some years ago, I will try and find it and post it on Friday.
        Whether you agree or not, you may find it interesting…

2016/07/20 at 7:31 pm
        • elfstone

From elfstone on Final words

Gerry, many thanks for taking the time to read and leave such a thoughtful comment.
          ” β€˜words will only hurt if you consent’.” – gosh I wish it was that easy, I truly do. I will read your post.
          Elfstone

2016/07/21 at 2:23 pm
  • From belcanto on Final words

β€œYou’d have got money too
    if you hadn’t been so
    bloody-minded.”

Elf, wow! Another power-punch. A friend of mine just died. Her funeral today. The above quote sounds just like what she thought her mother would have had to say to her. A very embittered relationship which my friend never resolved. This is one of your best, imo. At least of the ones I’ve read so far. bel

2016/07/19 at 6:24 pm
    • elfstone

From elfstone on Final words

Many thanks Belcanto for such a lovely comment. “A very embittered relationship *which my friend never resolved*.” β€” ah there’s the rub; no resolution, I spent the last 3 days in the hospice hoping my mother would say something β€” anything β€” that would indicate that she understood the damage she had done, but … nothing. No resolution.

My condolences on the death of your friend. I have recent reason to understand just how hard that can be. Elf.

2016/07/19 at 6:55 pm
  • gerry

From gerry on Table for One

Very well written, and understood. It’s a strange world…
    Gerry.

2016/07/18 at 6:21 pm
  • jay12

From jay12 on Final words

The power of words indeed! Nice write!

2016/07/18 at 2:11 pm
    • elfstone

From elfstone on Final words

Thanks Jay12. Glad you approve.
      I read your post about this site in the old UKA and completely agree. πŸ™‚ Elfstone

2016/07/18 at 2:53 pm
      • gerry

From gerry on Final words

Yes indeed Elf, words are multi-talented little critters.They can bring pleasure or pain. It all depends on who says them I suppose, My grandma used to say words can never hurt you…
        G x.

2016/07/18 at 4:09 pm
        • elfstone

From elfstone on Final words

Yes that old saying “Sticks and stones …” β€” it’s nonsense! Words can be so hurtful.
          Thanks for stopping by Gerry. Elfstone

2016/07/18 at 10:19 pm
  • jay12

From jay12 on Precious Memories.

I miss yesterday and fear what tomorrow will bring. A nice poem you’ve got here!

2016/07/18 at 2:09 pm
    • gerry

From gerry on Precious Memories.

Thanks Jay, I can’t remember my name most days, But I will never forget this particular day πŸ˜‰

2016/07/18 at 4:01 pm
      • jay12

From jay12 on Precious Memories.

I know the feeling. I’d already forgotten I’d posted the original comment here. πŸ™‚

2016/07/18 at 4:53 pm
  • jay12

From jay12 on Table for One

Sounds to me like Martin dodged a bullet here! Better off single than with one of those “Snapped: Women Who Kill” types. Nice read.

2016/07/18 at 1:49 pm
    • sirat

From sirat on Table for One

Thanks James. I don’t see her as ‘snapped’. Depending on her situation murder might have been a perfectly reasonable solution.

2016/07/18 at 4:07 pm
  • jay12

From jay12 on Promises

I’ve missed reading Sirat. Always entertaining and well written. Still a UKA fave of mine. I hope their is more of this story.

2016/07/17 at 1:08 am
    • sirat

From sirat on Promises

Thanks Jay. No, there isn’t any more of this particular story. As I said above, it’s an old one of mine, since published in one of my own books and also by the Sunday People in 2014.

2016/07/17 at 6:37 am
      • jay12

From jay12 on Promises

Well its a nice piece. Good to speak to you David, hope you are keeping well fella!

2016/07/18 at 10:37 am