Comments Stream

  • savvi

    From savvi on A Worthy Child

    Hi Gothicman
    I like the sentiment and imagery of your poem, the ending works really well

    Go to comment
    2024/03/08 at 2:37 pm
    • Gothicman

      From Gothicman on A Worthy Child

      Thanks Keith, I prefer trying to write something around a real happening or experience, keeping the ending relevant to what inspired it.
      Trevor 

      Go to comment
      2024/03/08 at 3:08 pm
  • savvi

    From savvi on Understanding

    Hi Supratik
    This has a nice flow and message, I really like 1st stanza

    Go to comment
    2024/03/08 at 2:34 pm
  • savvi

    From savvi on Have Cake, Eat Cake, Have Cake.

    Sadly I fear I suffered from the same illness, very truthful and honest writing

    Go to comment
    2024/03/08 at 2:31 pm
  • Daffni

    From Daffni on A Worthy Child

    A lovely poem Trefor. Took me ages to find it though. I’m still learning. Thank you for the info. It was a great help.
    Daffni

    Go to comment
    2024/03/07 at 3:59 pm
    • Gothicman

      From Gothicman on A Worthy Child

      Thank you Daffni! I hope those submitting-work-instructions didn’t appear too overwhelming as they really are just a few basic copy-and-paste processes, highlighting work to move it, change fonts, font size, indent it, etc., using the facilities in the toolbars. If you keep work in Draft form, you can experiment with using all the tools and if you lose your way, you can Trash it all and try again till you’re happy with the presentation. Resizing images seems to be a difficult task for many, but clicking on the image to activate it, will bring up small squares on the corners, so that you can click on one of these and draw in or out, to make the image smaller or larger, keeping its breadt/height ratio. With so few posting finding work is best done by clicking on ‘Writing’ in the top maroon heading bar and ‘Latest’.
      Trevor

      Go to comment
      2024/03/07 at 9:46 pm
      • Daffni

        From Daffni on A Worthy Child

        Hello again Trefor. I tried again to post poem but seems I did not do it right. It has now disappeared. I can’t even find poetry forum. They sll seem to just come between other possible forums. Also can’t see red line at top of backpage or, for that matter, can’t always find backpage. Am I really stupid?

        Go to comment
        2024/03/24 at 4:30 pm
        • Gothicman

          From Gothicman on A Worthy Child

          Hello Daffni, and thanks. I’ve added some more instructions in the Forum (second heading in wide maroon heading box at the top), rather than here, as there you can use bigger writing.
          I just hope it doesn’t all sound so complicated, which it isn’t after it’s been done once. I hope I’ve explained it sufficiently clearly too!
          Best, Trevor

          Go to comment
          2024/03/24 at 5:16 pm
      • Daffni

        From Daffni on A Worthy Child

        Thanks Trefor. I think i saved it as draft although i thought i was telling it ‘publish’. Tried again yesterday so will go and look. Wish I could see better.Daffni’
        ps loved your poem

        Go to comment
        2024/03/24 at 4:01 pm
  • supratik

    From supratik on An Early Encyclopedia of the World

    I loved the thought. The last line makes the reader pause a while and think.

    Go to comment
    2024/01/05 at 6:09 am
  • supratik

    From supratik on The Ebbing Tide

    Nice. I wouldn’t have used blackbird.

    Go to comment
    2024/01/05 at 6:06 am
    • Gothicman

      From Gothicman on The Ebbing Tide

      ‘twould have been a seagull, but they don’t sing, just squawk..the person affected was a troubadour, and his deteriorating situation was made into a short TV documentary here, called ‘Alzeimer’s Waltz’. Here is the YouTube video from the programme:

      Go to comment
      2024/01/05 at 7:01 am
  • Gothicman

    From Gothicman on Your home

    The discovery of, and contact with, a long lost or unknown relative late in life? Feels like this is a current experience?

    Go to comment
    2023/12/29 at 12:55 pm
  • Gothicman

    From Gothicman on Better fusion energy

    Written with a purity of perception into the effects of interactive relatonships on the aging, even loss-affected, mind that is enviable, Aurelio, from your best Emersonesque self! 

    Go to comment
    2023/12/29 at 12:52 pm
  • sweetwater

    From sweetwater on Experience beyond words

    It looks like a roof but when viewed from above there is no roof, just oceans and land exposed to all eternity.
    God to me is in every leaf, every blade of grass, each puff of smoke from a volcano, and the volcano itself. I very much enjoyed your poem, as you can see it set me thinking. sue.

    Go to comment
    2023/12/28 at 1:57 pm
  • sweetwater

    From sweetwater on Rebirth

    Loved all the beauty in those lines, the images are so clear. A fascinating poem.

    Go to comment
    2023/12/28 at 1:45 pm
    • Gothicman

      From Gothicman on Rebirth

      Thanks Sue. I think many miss, as you do as a creative soul, your brief poetic gems. I think too much negative in the world is the cause; for anxiousness silently kills inspiration, and it’s probably epidemic.
      Trevor

      Go to comment
      2023/12/28 at 11:14 pm