Comments Stream

• Potleek

From potleek on Arbeit Macht Frei

Chrissy it seems that one generation past the memories are short lived.
    Some don’t believe it even happened.
    My Dad was at Belsen when they removed the commandant from his position.
    I remember the photo’s he brought back and one story in particular that he told.
    Yes the stories have to be told over and over again so it never happens again.
    But politics is a strange game, it was then and still is…enjoyed the read…Tony

2017/11/14 at 8:32 pm
    • Chrissytotoro

From chrissytotoro on Arbeit Macht Frei

Tony, many thanks for your comments. I have as I said in the intro, posted this here on this site before and I think it is in one of the anthologies.
      I wasn’t born until three years after the second world war but this unimaginably horrific thing became a part of my life.
      The problem is of course we are as a species incapable of learning from our own history.
      It will happen again, it has happened and it will go on happening because of that inability to learn and yes, sometimes the inability to even acknowledge that we, as a species actually did it..
      Thank you for your interest.
      Chrissy

Do no harm.

2017/11/14 at 10:20 pm
  • Ifyouplease

From ifyouplease on God's Nuclear Winter Without Verbs

Dynamite!

2017/11/14 at 12:51 am
  • Ifyouplease

From ifyouplease on Nuclear Winter (Poetry Challenge)

wow…. thank you very much

2017/11/14 at 12:46 am
  • Sweetwater

From sweetwater on Letters And Loyalty.

Thank you Gee I am sure Harvey will be an inspiration for many more poems but I won’t actually say they are for him, except of course for my own keeping.
    They say love makes the world go round, but a I think grief makes you wish it would stop.
    Sue xx

2017/11/14 at 12:18 am
  • Gee

From gee on Letters And Loyalty.

A beautiful tribute to Harvey and please don’t say this is the last. There are little, sweet things they do every day that we don’t always realise until they stop. The grief is terrible, unrelenting, but there are wonderful memories too. Love is such a two edged sword.

2017/11/13 at 11:30 pm
  • Froggy58

From Froggy58 on Winter Of Content (poetry challenge)

Nice visuals. Really like the description of the pup and how excited they get about snow.

2017/11/12 at 5:52 pm
    • Belcanto

From belcanto on Winter Of Content (poetry challenge)

Froggy, delighted with your take on this. Thank you! Love to hear what part or image a reader finds most effective in what I’ve written. The visuals were added quite a few days later than the posting of the poem because I had great difficulty in getting the photograph out of a ‘box’ it had somehow enclosed itself in, but I’m happy you like the end result for it’s special to me in that my son took it. As an adult now, he continues to love animals and rescues/takes in strays all the time. He currently ‘home schools’ three cats and two dogs. They adore him. 🙂

2017/11/16 at 5:38 pm
  • Sweetwater

From sweetwater on A War Time Letter

Inspired layout cleverly done. You have captured the the young lad’s thoughts beautifully. Great poem.hugely enjoyed. Sue.

2017/11/12 at 11:16 am
    • Potleek

From potleek on A War Time Letter

Sue many thanks for taking the time to read and comment.
      This is an old piece I came across and had forgot all about it, but I thought for the time of year it might be relevant.
      Internal rhyming is something I write very rarely, glad you enjoyed…Tony

2017/11/12 at 9:11 pm
  • Sweetwater

From sweetwater on Frayed Cords

I love every line of this terrific poem, my favourite line, if I had to choose only one, ‘ A house with a crystal set history’ for me it sums up the whole poem. I can see so much of my own home here too. Sue.

2017/11/12 at 11:11 am
    • Nemo

From nemo on Frayed Cords

I’m pleased you liked this and thank you if it was who nominated it. Another re-post, I’m afraid, while I wait for something new to come along. This one appeared on the 2015 UKA Anthology.

2017/11/12 at 5:33 pm
      • Sweetwater

From sweetwater on Frayed Cords

I did like it very much, and yes the nomination was from me. I would love to see it in the next anthology.
        Re-posts are fine I am sure they will always be new to somebody on here. Having said that I’m not too keen on having to do that either. Sue.

2017/11/12 at 9:48 pm
  • Sweetwater

From sweetwater on Night breed

Hugely enjoyed this poem, I was there in the moment, walking with all those wonderful images. Sue.

2017/11/12 at 11:04 am
    • Chrissytotoro

From chrissytotoro on Night breed

Sue, glad you enjoyed and took the time to tell me so.
      Night breed was one of those poems that drifted in to my head and got written down fairly quickly and to be perfectly honest, it scared the sh*t out of me. I did muster the courage to tool with it but I still wouldn’t read it on a dark night.
      Thanks for reading and commenting.
      Chrissy