Comments Stream

  • ifyouplease

    From ifyouplease on Violation

    don’t worry it’s too lonely in absolute reality nobody can endure its loneliness thus we end up with relationships until we crave and want only to be by ourselves in solitary spaces where nothing ever happens.

    Go to comment
    2017/06/29 at 6:50 pm
  • ifyouplease

    From ifyouplease on The unknown poet

    writers and poets who try to persuade publishers are far worse than publishers

    let me tell you something, no big deal if we will remain unknown. what is fame if not the death of our talent or the end of our progress? if fame happens we should have nothing to do with it and we should be focused on our now dying talent and ending progress.

    Go to comment
    2017/06/29 at 6:40 pm
  • supratik

    From supratik on Becoming Glass

    What can I say! I am moved into pieces upon encountering this glassy experience. I have never ever thought of this. I am not too sure if I’d sound sexist but this is a feminine experience I was kind of drawn into. I could go on a date with the poem.
    Blessings.

    Go to comment
    2017/06/27 at 2:03 pm
    • jolen

      From jolen on Becoming Glass

      Supratik, thank you for your lovely words. That’s a great compliment you have paid this piece and my penning of it. I hope this finds you well. I have been through a major reformation and upheaval the past year, which I hope it finally over.

      Blessings,
      Jolen

      Go to comment
      2018/03/27 at 11:39 am
  • supratik

    From supratik on Spent

    Thank God you allowed comments this time around. Reading the sadness in the poem is healing and I don’t know if I am contradicting myself, but that’s how it is in my view. But do we really know if screeching from inside is known. I had my uncle who, in his last stages, forgot to eat, The lines are touching. I didn’t know you were a healer, but hey I am not surprised.
    May you get more and more of words that settle inside us and change the way we think. Blessings my dear friend.
    Supratik

    Go to comment
    2017/06/27 at 1:55 pm
    • stormwolf

      From stormwolf on Spent

      Awww Supratik!
      Thanks so much for your kind words. Sorry for delay in replying, life is very hectic at present. 😉
      take care

      Alison x

      Go to comment
      2017/07/01 at 4:31 pm
  • ionicus

    From ionicus on Paperweight

    I suspect it is a case of ‘margaritas ante porcos’, Gerald. But perhaps your optimism will be rewarded.
    Best, Luigi.

    Go to comment
    2017/06/27 at 10:18 am
  • coolhermit

    From coolhermit on The unknown poet

    Well, A, I see your pain – I got around the publishing stranglehold by paying a few thousand quid and getting a local printer to print a tranche of copies of my book “Not for Sale” – as a hippy of the old order I give my book away – dozens went for charity at a northern folk festival – people were happy to donate a fiver to the RNLI for a copy. The printer said to me that he doesn’t know why anyone would use a publisher – far better to sell your own – mine for example cost me around 3 quid per 200 page book – well bound – a good production – I just bought a 10 quid book half the pages of mine – people tend to ask how much my book costs (I do a lot of performances and so get a fair bit of local exposure) but I won’t take a penny – I could easily get my costs back but I’m an anti-dosh puristo. My printer said that publishers take 60 percent of the cover price – well far better to sell it yourself and double your money. So my advice would be save a few quid, find a local printer – do it yourself and stuff the machine. smiley face sign off. …………………………………….
    ps owing to my guerilla tactics of putting my book on bookstoreshelves with a ‘help yourself’ note inside it has gained a measure of notoriety and publishers have contacted me – my response? A swift refusal.

    Go to comment
    2017/06/26 at 11:58 am
  • ChairmanWow

    From ChairmanWow on Spent

    Allison,
    I have not gone through this but have an elderly mother (only 23 years older than me!). It is hard to accept that role reversal of care giving is coming soon. Your poem is personal but also a distilling of an experience that many will have to face.

    Go to comment
    2017/06/25 at 5:22 am
    • stormwolf

      From stormwolf on Spent

      Ralph! 🙂 Long time no see. Great to see you back.
      So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. It is a bereavement as much as a human, in many ways almost worse at times. 🙁
      Yes, role reversal is very painful. It is why I chose the accompanying pic. We are all still kids inside and I am still her little girl and she is still my mummy…
      My life has flown past and it is hard to witness a strong intelligent woman being reduced in this way.
      Life can sure be a bitch.
      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Alison x

      Go to comment
      2017/06/25 at 9:51 pm
  • ChairmanWow

    From ChairmanWow on Planet of the Bed Bugs

    Doing good Andrea. Too busy though. Glad to see UKAuthors is back.

    Go to comment
    2017/06/25 at 5:13 am
  • andrea

    From andrea on Planet of the Bed Bugs

    Hey, Chairman, great to see you back! Great piece – how you doing??

    Go to comment
    2017/06/23 at 8:55 pm
  • ionicus

    From ionicus on Beyond forgiveness

    A good message well delivered, Aurelio. Well done.

    Go to comment
    2017/06/20 at 4:12 pm