Latest Submissions

Mary spins herself a wondrous form
Picked

No 2 in the series "The Life and Times of Mary" describing the growth of Mary, who may or may not have existed, inside her father's womb ...

Part 18

It is a moment. A millionth of a second. Less than a breath.  A spark. Not tangible. Not conscious. Not measurable. That erupts.  Pulls everything apart.  Forever.  The millionths after.  Turn into seconds.  A heartbeat. A twitch. Internal combustion.  Explosions. Fear. Loathing. Hate. In a millionth. Threads.  Fate. Providence.  Cut. Embellished.  These many millionths. New eventualities.  A road that forks.  A hand that strangles. A woman that tortures.   ...
/ / Fiction / 1 Comment on Part 18

Beamo’s Gold part 23

Beamo ruminates on Tee's and Little Bit's brother-sister relationship ...

Thank god

I am a Hindu. I was stepping inside a mosque; thought I was inside a Church. Both were religions of fewer Gods, great violence. There! I was caught by me, wearing a Hindu hat, I thought. For stories of bloodshed among the gods and goddesses  happen here more often. All are different. All the same. Religion has nothing to do with what people had done with it, I thought. I dressed like a Muslim, ate ...
/ / Poetry / 4 Comments on Thank god

A Picture Postcard

A carpet of snow after the storm Christoff ...

Part 17

There was a woman.  There was a boy.  Laid her hands on him.  Adult hands.  Repeated.  Guilty. Pleasures.  An untruth.  A lie.  To be used.  To control. To make him return. Hands everywhere.  Boy's clothes.  Unbuttoned. Fingers.  Thumbs.  Unzipped. Not yet a man.  No longer a child.  What pleasure.  Photographs.  Evidence.  Out of reach.  To be used.  Then.  An invite.  Saturday in May.  Follow me.  But keep your distance.  Street. Cul De Sac. Road. New ...
/ / Fiction / 1 Comment on Part 17

New York New York 1980

I wanted to see the Bronx in 1980. Music, atmosphere, truth, bathe in more reality. New York New York 1980 Leaving the noise of yellow cabs Touting for business In poisonous fume filled ghetto Egyptian American driver “Here”? "But not here" They say and stare “Not here. Idiot”. “Not here man”. Stumbling life blind  Through the mists And through the twists And breathing the stinking air Fetid furious oxygen theft  Buildings covered in art 1980 ...

A Spade stands ready
Picked

My first poem here, one I've just finished, so still may have some tinkering. Bobby is our second springer; much loved, and still hanging in there, but he's only heading one way: to the where mystery will be ...

Hessian Sack

I've always had a bit of an obsession with the "crossroads" stories, from the legendary bluesman Robert Johnson, who sold his soul at the crossroads in exchange for being able to play the blues. The demons hessian sack He’ll reach into your heart find all those pieces torn apart and bring em back. The good and the bad battling for the surface. Heat like a furnace. He’ll probe your mind with his molten fingers of ...

Part 15

City. Street. Building. Stairs. Corridor. Desk. Man. Power. Today. Fifty. Women.  Girls. Children.  Guards. Armed. Clubs.  Leather. Straps. Queuing. Presented. Viewed. Mon. Sat. Candle.  Candle. Wed. Candle. Sun. Mon. Candle.  Tue. Tue. Sun.  Till. Fifty. Viewed. Pissing. Fear.  Stench.  As good as dead.  Chicken skinned.  Plucked.  Bloated. Giblets for legs.  Occasional guard.  Maybe first time.  Smashes child's face. Then quiet.  Candles to be ignited.  Others. Just others.  Corridor.  Multiple doors.  Mon. Tue. Wed.  Thur.  Fri ...
/ / Fiction / 1 Comment on Part 15

An introductory prayer from Mary

The opening poem from a collection titled "The life and times of Mary" who may or may not be an alter ego, and may or may not have existed ...

Just another night

What was tonight? Whiskey and water. Beer, Arguments surreptitiously Heard. “My husbands a cunt. But I stay with him. He fucked the next door neighbour! I told that bitch and she left.” Cigarette passes between lips. Smoke inhaled. Scared of the night. Afraid to leave,  Afraid to stay. Lost in a miasma Of friendship love and fear. Strangers awash in the bar Frighten me, I have to pass their Lives to achieve my goal. Lost ...