Latest Submissions

Beamo’s Gold part 31

Beamo and the outlaws debate lights in the sky ...

A Return Journey

First part of a follow up to "A Short Break" (Written in pre-Brexit time) ...

The Childe Mary feeds and grows

No 4 in the series "The life and times of Mary". Mary feeds on her mother's ancient milkways.  ...

Beamos’s Gold part 30

The Sawbird Gang stages a brutal raid ...

SOVIET HOSPITALITY Part 13

This is the beginning of a section that is too long for one part as it covers several days in the Tatar republic with Rabfail's family, starting with the journey there. FRIDAY Today we took it easy.. While I slept and breakfasted peacefully Rabfail went to return our tickets, send telegrams and buy tickets to go to his brother’s place. In the afternoon we went to the cinema and saw a children’s film – Beauty ...

Adam’s story

warning: adult material How I came upon Adam, the first adopted ...

The End Will Come With A Whimper Not A War.

This is a repost of a ranty post I wrote pre-Covid 19.  ...

A weekend at Ballinacloona
Picked

spending a weekend with friends in Ireland - a time when we could travel ...

Part 26

To be somebody.  You have to be somebody else. Not an imitation. Or intimation. You have to be somebody else.   On a hill.  Over looking a place.  Somewhere nowhere.  White. Smoke. Cloud. Candle. Some larger remains.  Blown in breeze.  The only chance of escape.  Souls on a southerly.  Inside. Nothing more than a. Pit. At 44 °C. Death will occur. Some have survived up to 46.5 °C. On a hill. In a house.   A woman ...

Check the bolt Falklands Two.

Check the bolt Falklands Two. Check the bolt For action Hands slip and slide Mud and sweat Sweat and mud “Alright mate” “Aye” “Alright mate” “Aye” “We’ll be alright” “Aye” Said a thousand times  a thousand times “Alright mate” “Aye” Check the bayonet Check the bolt Check the mag. Fucking hands Shake And sweat Fucking hands Shake “Alright mate” Fuck fuck fuck fuck! “Alright mate”. Nearly  Pissed me kecks. Its ok. Haha couldn’t  get to ...