Latest Submissions

Another kind of melody

Intro: up to 50 words (delete this text and enter your own) ...

Heaven knows Purple

Intro: up to 50 words (delete this text and enter your own) ...

entertainment

in a world where entertainers take the lion's share of the cake, real pleasure is at stake ... artists, players give their best to bring out the hidden emotions of their audiences, who have an out-of-the-world experience; but the moment the entertainer exits, merriment ceases to exist, the stakeholders are thrown back into their own old worlds pining for more ... entertainment is loud, it hits you hard with music, with words, when the weed ...

A Postcard for Naomi Osaka
Picked

Now with time on your hands, I recommend the Horse Chestnut Trees in the Place Émile Goudeau, 18th arrondissement. Alight at Abbesses, Metropolitan Metro line Montmartre. The dearly departed Saint Denis, decapitated, buried and beatified, gave this latter day communist commune its name, Martyrs Hill. Something in that reminds me of you. So whilst your are sojourning  at Le Bateau Lavoir, where Picasso spent his early years, reflect on how  blindness is their Frugal Repast ...

El Mayimbe El Bachatu

Once upon a time in La Escalera, near Luperon,  Republica Dominica ...

No More Waiting

  The curious title of the book prominently displayed in the bookshop's window caught my attention ...

the lost scripts

I found the lost scripts,  each had a different notation,  varied words, but the gist  was the same, for they all meant, we win as one ... in every leaf, there is life, volumes written, stories told some fall, don't get into the fold, they nourish the tree too as they lie ...

Alex
Picked

To a dedicated groundsman ...

In the shadow of geraniums

passion with geraniums as backdrop ...

consciousness

If we wouldn’t kibitz with consciousness I would have liked to be reborn as a human being religion, science, culture, business, education are whizzing at the entire race with divisions, decay, and off-colour differences people fighting in families, communities, and countries I’m not as lucky as those bards who’d sing of praise with words of accolades no, I wouldn’t like to be reborn with the weight of depraved awareness ...

Swallows

We haven't seen so many this year, but we still delight in watching them ...

All the Jesters

For me it was the Seventies - that I can't now remember! ...