Latest Prose

Beamo's Gold part 21

Beamo’s Gold part 21

Little Bit and Beamo have a heart-to-heart talk. May be a little too erotic for some ...
Part 13

Part 13

They started in Autumn. "Everyday a Fresh Start".  A mantra. On screens. In eyes.  Vehicles.  Some caged.  Thousands for the cause.  Human traffic.  To the outskirts.  "Candles are Your Light".  On gates.  From a distance towers.  On approach white plumes. The smell of change.  Familiar.  The main candle.  Towering.  "Candle, ...
Raising Cane

Raising Cane

A 50-word exercise ...
Beamo's Gold part 20

Beamo’s Gold part 20

Beamo and the outlaws continue philosophizing around the campfire while awaiting Bonehead and Major Kaim's return.  ...
Upon My Soul

Upon My Soul

To be read with caution. Some may find it too saucy ...
Dressed up Like a Dog's Dinner

Dressed up Like a Dog’s Dinner

Warning, This gruesome tale might upset some of you. Apologies in advance ...
SOVIET HOSPITALITY Part 11

SOVIET HOSPITALITY Part 11

part 11 TUESDAY For once we ‘отдыхали спокойно а не активно’ (rested peacefully and not actively). I partly packed another suitcase with carefully stowed ill-gotten gains. I shall have to go through the red zone at Harwich and declare my vodka but I’ve managed so far to restrain Rabfail from ...
Part 11

Part 11

I first saw you in a corridor.  A corridor high in a building. Built on a hillside.  It was late in the day and the sun was bright.  You were heading west. Silhouetted against a window.  Rays of light surrounded you.  Walking west away from me.  As I watched the ...
Part 12

Part 12

There was a day.  It was warm.  Late spring.   Halcyon days.  First days of a house by the sea.  You and me.  By the sea.   We read serious newspapers seriously. Each Sunday.  Spread on a bed by the sea.   From that small island we had created.  Each new tide bought ...
The Importance of Forgetting

The Importance of Forgetting

Should old acquaintance be forgotten. Happy New Year! ...
A Short Break

A Short Break

Caution some bad language in this psychotic little piece. Apologies for the odd bits of Cockney slang ...
Lina makes a telephone call

Lina makes a telephone call

About my niece Lina, when she was nearly two ...
Beamo's Gold part 18

Beamo’s Gold part 18

Beamo and the outlaws ride up a mountain trail haunted by strange beings and phantasms ...
SOVIET HOSPITALITY Part 10

SOVIET HOSPITALITY Part 10

A bit more and  will try not to let any mistaked ellude me. MONDAY A word about buses. Bus and trolley fares are either 5 or 6 kopeks however far you travel. Trolleybus tickets are bought from kiosks and general shops and also from the drivers. One boards the trolleybus ...
Man-Corn in the Promised Land II

Man-Corn in the Promised Land II

Reworked from a narrative poem from a few years ago. Will be disturbing reading for many ...
A Crossmas Carol

A Crossmas Carol

Christmas comes but once a year. But even that's too often for Maurice Badweather ...