Latest Prose

Choices

Choices

According to my archive, I submitted this in 2004. It seemed to be well liked then. Haven't done a lot with it tidied and fiddled ...
The Pastures of Jordan

The Pastures of Jordan

The Pastures of Jordan There was a distinct feeling of neglect about the old farm house.  Cracked white weatherboards with a rusting corrugated iron roof and a well-used veranda that stretched across the front of the old building assaulted the eyes on approach. Two dirty brown ruts molded over time ...
The Web. Chapter 11

The Web. Chapter 11

Sugar and water and Ju-ju men. (The last submission of this for a while.) ...
Mysterious Ways

Mysterious Ways

A light-hearted tale of old Ireland ...
The Web. Chapter 8

The Web. Chapter 8

John is forced to face the fact that there is more going on in his life than he can handle ...
The Web. Chapter 9

The Web. Chapter 9

Idiot's guide to being a lab rat ...
Jacqueline

Jacqueline

Jacqueline In life, there is love and in love there is life. Jacqueline Claville had the perfect life. In love with her husband Frederick, a reputable medical practitioner, she would do anything to maintain her perfect life, but in the autumn of 1888, their marriage ran into problems. West London ...
Mandy's Secret

Mandy’s Secret

What do you do when your partner betrays you beyond the point of forgiveness?  ...
On the move

On the move

She was not even twelve when she saw her mom kissing Sudhin uncle. They were all traveling to Chandigarh to meet her father; when she woke up in the morning on the train with sleepy eyes, the first thing she wanted to know was how far was Chandigarh; she bent ...
Woof! Woof!

Woof! Woof!

The Beagle had just arrived, 21 days. Puja’s friend Priya named him Snoopy who became very popular in the neighborhood soon after he came. Priya has a lab, about a year old. His name is Simba. As days went by, both of them became very good friends, almost like Puja ...
On Alexander Bard and Europride 2018

On Alexander Bard and Europride 2018

What follows is a piece of satire. Sensitive readers may be offended ...
About victims and victors

About victims and victors

On Organisational behavior About victims and victors  This article tries to write the stories of many skilled workforce who died silent deaths in the hands of groups catapulted as ‘everybody’. The ones included in this, are most of the times powerful people playing the victim card. Since they have the ...
The Other Side - Chapter 3 - Water Works

The Other Side – Chapter 3 – Water Works

It's Izzy's first day at her father's house and she is mesmerised by the garden statue. All goes well until everyone comes home! Harmony is up to her old tricks again and her younger sister, Melissa seems to be following in her footsteps. A prank makes Izzy's blood boil.  ...
The new orphanage

The new orphanage

‘Tell me why you feel this way.’ ‘I wish I could tell you. They are so caring. I have two sets of parents now.’ ‘So?’ ‘I’m in class V now. I am quite grown up. I need to understand the marriage of my parents has broken for good. I cannot ...
The Other Side - Chapter 2 - Greetings!

The Other Side – Chapter 2 – Greetings!

Izzy goes to stay with her Dad and her step-family that she doesn't like, her step-mum Siobhan and especially her two children, Harmony and Melissa. She had a bad feeling before she got there and now she's there she knows her gut feeling had been right! ...
Someone has to ring the bell

Someone has to ring the bell

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to death your right to say it." Voltaire Since a long time, I thought it’d be unfair to draw such comparisons. How can one compare patterns of social behavior of terrorists with that of the organisations. However, owing ...
Life skills

Life skills

"What? Are you crazy? I will never allow my wife to work. Women should be best kept at home." Everybody was nodding their heads in approval. Except Kalyan. "You must be out of your mind Rajesh. Do you know the organization you are working in has more of women workforce ...
The Other Side - Chapter 1 - Whispers   (REWRITE)

The Other Side – Chapter 1 – Whispers (REWRITE)

When two worlds collide...ours and the supernatural. It's a start of a Y.A. Novel that has been W.I.P for a long time! Starting all over again.  ...
No reservations

No reservations

Kalyan is a daydreamer. But he also has these nightmares every single night: he cannot get on the train that’s going somewhere he needs to go to rejoin his office. Every passenger in the train is known to him…hey come on, it’s a dream… it’s not real, but here is ...