Latest Prose

Aide-mémoire

Aide-mémoire
Picked

I don’t keep a diary. I used to, when I was a teenager. One with a lock and key to which I confided those little secrets that a young girl having underage sex could not publicly reveal. The first kiss; the fumbles and then... exaltation: “we copulated!”, I remember writing ...
Chapter 23: Second Skirmish

Chapter 23: Second Skirmish

Chapter 23 of City of Gargoyles: Book 2 of the Light-Father Trilogy The Light-Father and the others head for Wealthorpe where they encounter a large scouting party from Burslen Abbey and have no choice but to fight again. Meanwhile in the Vatican, Abbot Amherus plots his return to Britannia...  Second ...
Chapter 22: Strange Dawns

Chapter 22: Strange Dawns

Chapter 22 of the City of Gargoyles: Book 2 of the Light-Father Trilogy.    Mother Nightshade meets a Goddess, Father Ursaf and the Brothers of Bede find an epiphany through fang and claw while Mother Ivy tames two Stone Ghosts ...
Chapter 21: Howlings

Chapter 21: Howlings

Chapter 21 of the City of Gargoyles. Book 2 of the Light-Father Trilogy. Abbot Pious tortures Brother Ignatius and plans the assault on Milverburg; Abbot Michael takes his first steps towards salvation while Burslen Abbey comes under attack from the new threat and terror sweeping south...  Howlings    “Well, Pious,” ...
Chapter 20: Lamentation

Chapter 20: Lamentation

Chapter 20 of the City of Gargoyles: Book 2 of the Light-Father Trilogy Nightshade faces her past while the little saboteurs tell of their exploits at the Great Abbey and a strange request from the Abbess and Brother Ignatius.... Lamentations “Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up ...
Chapter 19: Journey's End

Chapter 19: Journey’s End

Chapter 19 of the City of Gargoyles: Book 2 of the Light-Father Trilogy Bordan and Kendra are cornered by three policemen and finally realise the power and  mind-twisting consequences of a Wiccan awakening to her element.... Journey’s End       “Lovely!” Ellete beamed, pushing away her ice cream bowl ...
Burned Rubber Streets - Two Images

Burned Rubber Streets – Two Images

I let the pictures speak. I. Big City Night Life - Sweden 2019 Night time And new expensive looking cars; The sound of music in Arabic Pounding through the car windows; Lamp lights stare in vain ... A car stops! A girl is taken in by the music!! She enters!!! ...
Chapter 18: Wolf and Feral

Chapter 18: Wolf and Feral

Chapter 18 of the City of Gargoyles: Book 2 of the Light-Father trilogy. Father Ursaf and the Brothers of Bede take refuge in a ruined farmhouse from the storm but meet a new and dangerous threat worthy of their dystopia ...
Victory

Victory

A story that calculates the value of victory ...
MRS JACOBSON’S NIECE

MRS JACOBSON’S NIECE
Picked

The young psychiatrist is determined to work with a hopeless case, a ghostly statue from the past so he can woo the girl he loves ...
Chapter 17: Abbess

Chapter 17: Abbess

Chapter 17 of the City of Gargoyles: Book 2 in the Light-Father Trilogy  The four young Scatterlings find another unusual ally at the Great Abbey and they learn how the Order became completely corrupted and collectively insane... Abbess         Surl awoke in the pitch black dark and no ...
Chapter 16: Strange Rains

Chapter 16: Strange Rains

Chapter 16 of the City of Gargoyles: Book 2 of the Light-Father Trilogy Kendra and Bordan desperately try to protect their little albino daughter but meet their match in a brat called Cedric at a roadside service station...  ...
Chapter 15: Audiences

Chapter 15: Audiences

Chapter 15 of the City of Gargoyles: Book 2 of the Light-Father Trilogy Brothers Theo and Edward are summoned by the Great-Abbot while Ignatius receives an unwelcome guest ...
Chapter 14: Brother Ignatius

Chapter 14: Brother Ignatius

Chapter 14 of the City Of Gargoyles: second book of the Light-Father trilogy. The four youngest Scatterling settle into their hide-out under the great Abbey only to find a new and unusual friend ... Brother Ignatius       “Thank you, Surl,” Peter said, admiring the neatly wrapped bandage on his ...
Chapter 13: Meetings Destined

Chapter 13: Meetings Destined

Chapter 13 of City of Gargoyles: Book 2 in the Light-Father Trilogy  How Schimrian first met Pious and Abbot Michael tells Shield how Azrael was born ...
Chapter 12: Beginnings

Chapter 12: Beginnings

Chapter 12 of the City Of Gargoyles - Book 2 of The Light-Father Trilogy Rabbit and Peter have to deal with a Tally-man while young Brother Kai has to deal with Mother Ivy intent on 'distracting' him.... Beginnings       Heavy hailstones threatened to smash the tiles for a ...
The Other Side - Chapter 2 - The Storm (Original)

The Other Side – Chapter 2 – The Storm (Original)

Two years later...two siblings Arnold and Molly go to run an errand for their mum, who sews for an extra few chillings, and asks her children to take her work to her paying customer Mrs Hettle on the mountain...not far from where they live. The weather takes a turn for ...
Part 9

Part 9

What you have to understand is that the only certainty is uncertainty; uncertainty is ambiguity; ambiguity is control; control is certainty.  Since the first human implant this cycle has made millions, maybe billions of revolutions.  Before that time, certainty drove human progress.  For millennia it was thrived upon.  It was ...