Latest Prose

Strange

Strange

On a Sunday afternoon, Robert was invited to an Indian family. Although he doesn’t take a liking to spicy food, he thought he’d give it a try; besides he thought that once in a while change of taste was okay. Strange as it seemed, he had taken a liking on ...
No one

No one

Leela aunty, after lunch, was having oranges in her spacious balcony that overlooked the road that was enjoying its lazy afternoon siesta; there was no one on the road, the Indian Sun seemed very warm and comforting. “Leela Aunty!” “Who are you?” “This is Subrata. Class of 1977?” “What?” Leela ...
Guilt and Gullibility

Guilt and Gullibility
Picked

I wrote this a couple of years ago for a competition. I have now re-edited and expanded it slightly ...
A Simple Task

A Simple Task
Picked

A short story that was written in response to a challenge. Comments, criticisms welcomed ...
The Devil's Doorbell

The Devil’s Doorbell
Picked

An "almost true" story of a first sexual encounter ...
A Lesson

A Lesson

Updated and corrected version now. Please feel free to comment, critique or complain ...
Let us be conscious

Let us be conscious

Or indulge in incivility.  ...
Hands

Hands

Her shadow followed him like his own. They were inseparable. Like any other couple, they would also do things together, but there was something unique about this pair. He could sit with her for hours looking at her nimble fingers that wrote dissertations for him, cooked for him, ran softly ...
Red light

Red light
Picked

Sujata, like any other child, wanted to study. She was admitted to a good vernacular medium school far away from her neighborhood.  Initially she had many friends. She was good at studies, but as time went by she discovered herself as a flutist. Slowly, she became very lonely, this flute ...
Free Barbie

Free Barbie

What do you think of me huh?  A puppet, a doll?  Or even worse, a ping-pong ball? Barbie was disappointed with her parents. Her mother Piya, one fine morning, just went absconding... until, two days later, later she was found safe in her grandpa's place.  Domestic violence? Yes she agrees, ...
/ / Journal / 1 Comment on Free Barbie
The Cougar's Claws

The Cougar’s Claws

She was the vicar's wife, he was a teenager, the son of the local bank manager. In 1959 appearances mattered. (Re-edited and extended) ...
Reality is the Guy Next Door

Reality is the Guy Next Door

"I don't remember where something like this was written" - The Bible 😉 ...
Convenient Answers

Convenient Answers

I often feel like I'm hiding from reality ...
Brazil burning

Brazil burning

Brazil burning. Rainforest on fire. Blaming has started. It means the problem is here to stay, according to Peter Senge, a renowned systems thinker. Drawing a problem-map involving all stakeholders can help us have a bird's eye view. Those who're cutting trees to earn a living are successfully selling the ...
Tell me

Tell me

  I am a fool. That's why growth and development doesn't attract me. When rich become richer, poor poorer for years on end, I don't see any growth. Trust me, I see a design, a pattern, but no growth. Which car you drive, which version of software you use, how ...
/ / Journal / No Comments on Tell me
The Unknown  part 2

The Unknown part 2

This is a piece I have been writing/ working on. I have taken onboard constructive feed back from everyone, i appreciate the help. Hopefully, my work shows improvement and that I have indeed learnt new skills. Please drop a comment. Its always good to know if the story was easy ...
THE DAEMON'S JOURNEY: Into the Desert

THE DAEMON’S JOURNEY: Into the Desert

Intro: up to 50 words (delete this text and enter your own) ...
Chapter 35: Checkmate

Chapter 35: Checkmate

Last Chapter in the City of Gargoyles. Book 2 of the Light-Father Trilogy The battle of Uppermost has been won but the battle of Muspelheim begins and their survival depends on the the bravery of one small child hiding in a barricade...  Checkmate        Ten Bells came and went punctuated ...