Latest Poetry

Quartet
We will get over this

We will get over this

Let's not forget, we took some wonderful steps before to depollute the earth. We will get over this too for sure, we will find ourselves a permanent cure. Banning smoking from the public places, no mean task; the whole world was united in its stand, smoking on the bus, on the train, inside the offices premises, on the plane, completely effaced, the world breathed afresh. Remember what we did to safeguard the lives of those ...
Entertainment

Entertainment

In the name of entertainment, we pollute the environment.  Go, walk in a park, sit under the trees, watch the leaves, flowers talking to the butterflies and the bees, those fruits of the birds that build our universe, look at the sun, the moon, those twinkling stars, you could be in splits, or break into tears, be lost,  could even arrive without any farce.  ...
Sic Transit Gloria

Sic Transit Gloria

A piece of whimsy. And I did find a Roger McGough book at Emmaus, bot not in a box. Indeed I'd of preferred to use 'Doctor' John Cooper Clarke as the subject, but it would have spoiled what rhythm was in the lines. And I like Roger McGough! ...
The River

The River
Picked

Supratik's poem 'I will remind myself', has caused me to reflect on what I believe, as far as the great mystery of life and death in concerned. At present I'm not working on my poems, but I wrote down the lines below last night.  ...
a tremor

a tremor

the last signs of your responses rinsed, I felt a tremor within, a mess, estranged friendship, a rage you venture to carry till your grave, the obituary you wrote for us regards no scope of concurrence the guidance I received from you reflects perhaps in my writings, erase, if you may, the damaging discord, volumes of those dead frozen wars om shanti, I beg your pardon, my friend, respects for you I treasure without end ...
Bozzz

Bozzz
Picked

I will miss you forever; my first friend ever on this virtual space, from you I  tried to learn how to write, and if things went wrong, how to make them right, I will never ever forget the long and varied conversations I had with you, be it about India, during the time of pre-independence when you were in my city of joy as a governor, or about those sumptuous cakes your spouse would bake for ...
A Ghazal

A Ghazal

A first attempt at this poetic form ...
Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day

Cove Neck, New York, May 1918 ...
The Mythicals - 2: a study of grief

The Mythicals – 2: a study of grief

An experimental piece to end The Mythicals' sequence of poems ...
The Mythicals - 1: the illusion of travelling

The Mythicals – 1: the illusion of travelling

A counterpoint to the previous poem about Archie and the commemoration of life and death ...