Latest Poetry

Watching as Winter makes her entrance

Watching as Winter makes her entrance

We trees swill our auburn brandy in glasses of cut crystal, try to mingle as the party dies down colourful and cold. The last turn of our heads is lost in wet transparent transfers as she slides down her staircase with open arms to face us. Her eyes only see refracted light, a smile that holds only white swirling behind angry teeth, she doesn't know of what she speaks. As she sweeps through the room ...
Shaping the future

Shaping the future

We sat opposites at a window table waiting for breakfast after the bed and for me to speak. The anaglypta walls still hung to the 70's as did the wipeable surfaces. Each setting had an earthenware vase with a single dusty silk rose that made me think of teeth and castanets. I made myself laugh but only inside. You were avoiding eyes as I closed one and lined the curve of the vase with the ...
Morning Cigar

Morning Cigar

Verse 1 Morning rain keeps me in bed Last nights beer is banging my head I need to get up and shake leg My mind is blank I forget what I said I reach out for my cigarettes And that first smoke is as good as it gets Chorus Black Coffee and Nicotine There’s something missing in my bloodstream Black Coffee and Nicotine Is all I need, Is all I need Black Coffee and Nicotine ...
Inner Contentment

Inner Contentment

achieved by simply keeping perceptions of life, including whatever it throws at you, in balance! Pic.: my own, it will soon be here! Acquiring a life philosophy comfortable as an old overcoat is the secret of my inner contentment; or more precisely, accepting the rationale: all human life is comic-tragic. Of course, it’s difficult staying glad seeing hope crushed by pointless loss, feeling sad witnessing chance mock causal laws producing miracle and exception, absolving all from seeking ...
Understanding

Understanding

life on this earth from death to birth flowing at ease love, to be in love, to be loved, that is all there is when with the brain we figure out the heart, understanding is difficult ...
A Worthy Child

A Worthy Child

tasked with repairing the damage Returning from wilderness, wandering wearily homewards, a little girl ran up and presented me with a stone she had painted green, and among small red hearts, her teacher had helped her write 'You have a worth'. Photographing it with humble gratitude, I helped her place it among the others; and, looking back, felt reassured the plush environment she gave such beauty to, would symbolise her generation's gift: putting right, the ...
Digital love

Digital love

Is it possible? Does it work? It depends on what's behind it, if it is supported by the honesty of telepathic truth, sincerity and will to make it happen, to maintain the contact and the love by thought if physical reunion is impossible, as it is now in our case; wherefore I can not love you any less but only even more for digitally clumsy imperfections ...
The only risk

The only risk

How could I possibly let go of such a beautiful relationship, which costs us nothing and allow us only freedom, carrying with it only love and strong affection that forever grows? There is no chance of getting free from such a perfect freedom binding us together only naturally in the harmony of natural affection. Could there possibly be any harm in such a strangely wonderful liaison? Yes, there is one harm, but one harm only: ...
The Larks Sang.

The Larks Sang.

How the Larks sang, as if the very clouds were filled with sunshine. But a grey day, cold, the sun had not the heart to shine. Yet still they sang as Red Kites danced below them ...
Courtesy

Courtesy

As you remain the only tenant of my dreams, my love flows on incessantly like bleeding wounds of lust and joy to never stop beautifying all that is to our world of common friends and relatives, the victims and deceased ones ever being there more live than ever, while this haze of tenderness beleaguers me to warm me up in ever greater piety towards our love that is a fountain of the purest joy. So ...
/ / Poetry / No Comments on Courtesy
Ice

Ice

It's unavoidable, it's part of life, the ice you have to cross and slid on, often falling, never safe, its coldness made for slips and always one day or another thawing with disastrous consequences, as you must fall through sooner or later; and then all depends on that life struggle which must follow – will you sink, succumb and perish or survive refreshed but somewhat cooler? It takes time to warm up afterwards, but then ...
/ / Poetry / No Comments on Ice
A Short Life In Contemplation

A Short Life In Contemplation

'I believe that one place closely explored will yield more than continents passed through.' (From A Stranger At Green Knowe by Lucy M. Boston). Pic.: taken on Iphone two days ago. Creating morning mist, but, unable to push waves a switchover southern breeze, having melted the snow is streaming unabating over this deep lake's frozen surface slowly breaking it up into cracks and shards Many years ago, just before Christmas, a young mother and baby, short-cutting across with the pram, fell through, floating ...
Another Spring

Another Spring

of meltdown. Pic.: my own Snow walls, a meter deep, arced around the drive behind the spade as I clean-cut a meter wide circle from door to gate. You dotted it with marshall candles - making it glow like a golden horseshoe, and light-reflecting depth-poles shone along the lane as far as the eye could see. Till the day the talisman failed us. Guests arrived, dined, said their goodbyes - leaving me, in an emptier ...
On the edge of extremity

On the edge of extremity

Of course it hurts, all those supreme disappointments, all those disastrous heartbreaks, all those deceits, betrayals and undeserved adversities; but still it was worth it, the total commitment of your life and soul and body, the wasting of your last energy, the exposure of your inmost feelings and the loss of everything you had, it was all worth it, since you survived and still can go on loving even more for all your loss, to ...
Dreamburst

Dreamburst

As I dream of you entering my mind in the still of the night and all through the glorious day, I just can't imagine how ever I could do without you, and still we existed for so long without knowing the other one existed. The beauty of the soul transcends all reality and overrules it by replacing it by its more lasting significance, while reality is only death; but dreams and love and beauty last ...
/ / Poetry / No Comments on Dreamburst