Latest Non-Fiction

It's only life. Autobiographical.

It’s only life. Autobiographical.

I've been writing short stories which will eventually be my life. All is true. Its only life. We walked from a black freighter with a crossbones at its mast. We flowed down the broken street, feet dropping into holes in the battered, un repaired, ignored road. Bars and more bars surround us, flaking paint and warped wood stared back daring us to find better. There was non of course. This wasn’t the boulevard of broken ...
Proportionality And Atrocity

Proportionality And Atrocity

Is their God playing dice with human decency? I cannot believe what I'm witnessing. The slaughter of a Nation, non-combatant, men, women, children, of predominately on Muslim by Jew, using modern high-tech, sophisticated weaponry, before my own eyes, while too, the world, apart from the impotent UN, just looks on. Presumably, one of the worst concentration of human atrocities since the Holocaust? Certainly with the 'lest we forget' attitude we're supposed to have acquired in modern ...
Kipling read anew

Kipling read anew

The collected poems of Rudyard Kipling comprise about 500 poems on 850 pages. Many of them are consequently rather long, but all are professional. An author's poems are almost his most personal output, and if you are interested in the soul of a poet you should most of all study his poems. Few poets have been as wigged as Kipling (1865-1936). You almost get the impression that the whole anglo-saxon world has been ashamed of ...
The Approximatives Of History

The Approximatives Of History

reflections and deflections. Pic.: my own When home from a full working day over-indulging advanced students, and later, when the others had gone to bed, my distinguished host would invite me to join him in eating a sandwich of home-made bread layered thick with home-made jam, which he once explained as being a knee-jerk reaction to an impoverised childhood. He would then watch American cartoons, shown daily on the TV at that time, enjoying the ...
The Marked Man

The Marked Man

Still at large from Isis, Daesh, Mossad, Boko Harum, Al-Shabaab, quasi-tolerant populists, possessed promulgators, evangelists, the UN, et al.! Later, if they met him, armed, or in sufficient numbers, those predestined with divine paranoia in infancy, unwittingly or by deliberate design, might feel the need to kill, silence, convert, or rebuke him, for having the good fortune of retaining an uncompromised mind, one capable of challenging belief-system credibility. For, spared from this indelible burden, he’s able to ...
Life And Death Instincts addendum

Life And Death Instincts addendum

Further humanist thoughts, though less poetical, making the case for religion, with reservations. God the useful illusion, a necessary but risky psychical mental health aid? It helps to read the previous part first. Gouache Painting: my own (GCE A-Level!) Religion's memory facilitations in the psyche perpetually-implanted by indoctrination from generation to generation, according to the deductive reasoning in the previous writing, must be very capable life drive energy stimulators, augmenting, even replacing in many expedient cases, the primary erotic function. In fact, ...
Life And Death Instincts

Life And Death Instincts

Loving and Living, both so celebrated and beautified, so respected or ridiculed, so feared and despised, so fundemental and meaningful, so culturally and religiously exalted and exploited, so unresearched, so little understood. Pic.: is of an own etching "So he took his birth-sneeze in one hand And his death-chill in the other And let the sparks scour him to ashes." from Ted Hughes, Crow Improvises, Crow   The 'birth-sneeze' is to reassert the will to live; to seek the ...
Lusophones - A language venturing out...

Lusophones – A language venturing out…

LUSOPHONES,new entry to gadget inventory or revolution! A language venture emerging as predominant and postdominant Lusophones, heard so new? It's not any new gadget brand, nor any tech innovation in this digital era. Not upgraded 3.5 AI version. This refers to Portuguese speaking communities or persons globally. The map, though a bit erroneous possibly includes maximum countries {although in map left off few more like some parts of Southern Africa, Luxembourg, Calicut (Vasco da Gama, ...
The Marvelous Merger of AI and Prose:...

The Marvelous Merger of AI and Prose:…

Algorithmum habeo, ergo sum. The Marvelous Merger of AI and Prose: A Penning Paradigm * Throughout the ages, writers have guarded the gateways of our literary universe, channelling their creative prowess to forge stories that stir the soul and ignite the imagination. We are God to language; the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit of letters and words (no blasphemy intended!). And yet now, a new protagonist emerges from the shadows. One that may ...
Truths Masquerading As Lies

Truths Masquerading As Lies
Picked

doodling in the Westminster swamp; where all succeed and all lose! Pic.: my own ...
SUN ON THE HILL

SUN ON THE HILL

SUN ON THE HILL ...
School Reunion 2008

School Reunion 2008

not mine, but true, as attended and witnessed. Pic.: my own ...
Null and void

Null and void

Mathematical or just neutral? Reduced to zero, spent and burnt out, finished and washed up, turned down to apathy and out of order, struck down as by lightning and annihilated more or less, demolished thorougly and even sober in addition, as if all the pitfalls weren't satisfactory enough, life is no more than nothingness, while winter paralysis spreads around and greyness seems to be the only colour in appalling universal callousness, with the advantage, though, ...
A Late Enlightenment

A Late Enlightenment

changed my understanding of  bitter-sweet memories. A Non-Fiction write. Pic: my own ...
New York New York.

New York New York.

I've been to New York many times now over the years, but this was my second time and I wanted to see the Bronx. I was stopped at the first attempt by two policemen who said I was mad and would get myself killed, undismayed I was more surreptitious and made my way there alone, '80's New York was a dangerous place to be, but for sure to be a white man walking amongst those ...