Latest Non-Fiction

The  Long Trek ( Part three}

The Long Trek ( Part three}

At last ,in spite of our apprehension, there was a glimmer of  hope. Now for the grim reality of treatment. Apart from six sessions of chemotherapy ,one every three weeks, there were numerous other procedures like scans, x-rays,bone biopsies, lumbar punctures,injections at the hospital and at home to boost my immune system,some of them not very pleasant. Thanks to the kindness,and good care ,and sense of humour by the staff of the department,and the friendship ...
A Girl Who Gets Around

A Girl Who Gets Around

We have a new member (Francescarights) who like me writes song lyrics. I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours. This is part of a stage musical set in Belfast in the 1960s and early 70s. The girl is a 'camp follower' of the same kind that has existed since Roman times and long before. She is truly and sincerely neutral between the warring armies and highly astute. It's a chance to test the ...
A Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

A Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Inspired to write this after watching a programme on serial killers on the T.V. All of them appeared "normal" but were monsters and ruthless killers.  ...
The long Trek, (Part two)

The long Trek, (Part two)

After the initial diagnosis following the endoscopy I was sent back to my GP with a letter. The following morning I had an appointment with my General Practitioner.I handed over the letter which he read,and which seemed to shock him.He arranged for me to be fast tracked to the District Hospital,and and generally tried to reassure me as much as he could. Time passed very slowly,and our anxiety persisted.On the appointed day,two weeks later,I was ...
I'm Not Bitter

I’m Not Bitter

I wrote this after a break up with a girlfriend some years ago. Reading it again makes me realise how angry I must have been. Makes me smile now though ! ...
The long trek.(Part one)

The long trek.(Part one)

I was prompted in some way by Mike Verdl's cancer diary to write about my long journey about a different cancer,to give some hope to fellow sufferers.This is an account of not only my Lymphoma, but also of my role as a carer for my wife for four years prior to her demise ...
Dark Clouds Return

Dark Clouds Return

Cancer Diaries - The Last Entry Dark clouds return, stealing the sun from my sky, bringing with them the winter wolves of yesteryear. They come closer, as if they sense the time has come. The crows are back, surrounding my dreams. I have only dark thoughts. There’s a crack in my world, a shift in my place ….. The order changes and I must move on. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2nd July 2017 This will be my last ...
Stranded In Crewe

Stranded In Crewe

That hot spell wasn't here long but it was a scorcher. Not a sun lover myself but many people are so hence this poem ...
A Whole New World

A Whole New World

More of my early travels (for those who are interested) ...
The Terrorist

The Terrorist

From Two Years Ago...nothings changed ...
For Chloe

For Chloe

A Bookend to Millie ...
Cold Chicken Sandwiches

Cold Chicken Sandwiches

Walking along the cliffs it all came back ...
Manchester Is United

Manchester Is United

They went to a concert unaware what lay ahead, and at the end of the night twenty one innocents are dead. They went to a concert excited and having fun, but evil creeped in forcing many to panic and run. They went to a concert young and care free, not knowing of the horror they were going to see. They went to a concert many for the first time, but an angry young man was ...
The terrible case of Laila Roth

The terrible case of Laila Roth

My own documentary She never showed her face, insisting on her anonymity and privacy to better cultivate her concentration on her thoughts on writing and communication and collecting art to share just for the sake of taste and beauty. This was taken as a provocation and misunderstood completely, so she was repeatedly reported, blocked, had her account disabled and suspended and was finally locked out; and all her protests against violation of her freedom of ...