Latest Non-Fiction

The Inhuman Enemy

The Inhuman Enemy NEW

in another tragic Russian epoch Pic.: free at Pixabay The rest of the intercontinental world would feel less threatened by nuclear annihilation, if the Russian dictator, murderer, and gangster Putin only had a sick brain instead of a twisted mind The difference is impulsive unpredictability versus premeditated evil For it's a strange fact, but the pyramid of financially-rewarded power, including the KGB and Duma, holding such obnoxious despots up, the equally guilty apex top, regard: the one, a medical condition intolerantly pitiful, the other just ...
Hurricane force twelve.

Hurricane force twelve. NEW

I spent many years at sea, 35 or so. One time we were caught in a force twelve hurricane in the bay of biscay. Our ship was 53.000 tons, but the seas dwarfed us. You can only point into the wind, go through the calm of the eye then fight it again until it's passed over you. This particular time the radio operator and some of us officers were on the bridge, looking up at ...
The Hollow Men

The Hollow Men

Written after watching a recent Hard Talk programme, and three in the Crimewatch series on BBC. Pic.: no © All shame to the hollow men, meaning all those people, who contend they are democratic, who say I defend your right to diverse opinion as long as you don't question mine, for then you are - racist! All shame to the hollow men, meaning all those people, who know, in today's world especially, with high global movement, religion has no natural borders, has no biological base, and yet they still ...
Kismet

Kismet

It's the stray dog that followed you home, the vandals that smashed your garden gnome, a lifeguard that gave you mouth to mouth, that holiday leak that flooded the house.   Its a flat tire on the airport run, 1st degree burns on the fist day of sun, three passports for a family of four, the left behind finger in a closing car door.   The map is drawn the course ready charted yes it ...
/ / Non-Fiction / 1 Comment on Kismet
Have Cake, Eat Cake, Have Cake.

Have Cake, Eat Cake, Have Cake.

I often think of UKAuthors. But I rarely ever visit. I often think about how much writing has meant to me at times in my life. Then life takes over. I remember the glory years on this site. And I miss those times profoundly. Our attention has been stolen. By apps, social media and streaming services. And those of us who refuse to be taken in. Find ourselves lost on lonely sites like this. Places ...
Scotland The Brave!

Scotland The Brave!

In the Westminster bubble As an avid follower and somewhat disconnected neutral observer of British and NI politics I have to admit from my layman perspective the SNP politicians have proven to be people of courage and principle not, to my mind, because they want an independent Scotland (I'm a Scotland-born unionist), or want to return to being a submissive-State in the dictatorial Franco-German Federation (I was, and am, a leaver) but because, more than most MPs ...
Equipped To Think

Equipped To Think

Two crucial, mentally androgynous variables. Mother said: gather all as good as you are, embrace those nearest! Father said: be bold, and venture far, always do what's right! Bearing this in mind, she was potentially a genius. Goth:2015 Memory's two primary functions: search reach capacity for relevance, cohesive capacity, holding together all the chosen. Potentially too: Very Sociable, Loyal, Resourceful, Honest. But, far from guaranteed, for unlike intelligence, Morality is a battle with instincts, both own and other people’s, ...
MPs & Ministerial Codes

MPs & Ministerial Codes

I seem to have lost respect for our elected representatives after yesterday's chaos in the Commons! And after all the indecent exposure and bum-touching, and the men are even worse! It's a sad fact the more career-politicians are power-vitalised by reaching the top, the more they realise how many amorous opportunities they missed out on long ago, through being distracted by high ambition? Having sacrificed so much for humanity, admittedly, more as TV celebrities than parliamentarians, it's time now to ...
Check the bolt

Check the bolt

Check the bolt Check the bolt For action Hands slip and slide Mud and sweat Sweat and mud “Alright mate” “Aye” “Alright mate” “Aye” “We’ll be alright” “Aye” Said a thousand times  a thousand times “Alright mate” “Aye” Check the bayonet Check the bolt Check the mag. Fucking hands Shake And sweat Fucking hands Shake “Alright mate” Fuck fuck fuck fuck! “Alright mate”. Nearly  Pissed me kecks. Its ok. Haha couldn’t  get to the bog ...
It's only life _ a short walk through Panama.

It’s only life _ a short walk through Panama.

Its only life. We walked from a black freighter with a crossbones at its mast und fűnzig canonen. We flowed down the broken street, feet dropping into holes in the battered, un repaired, ignored road. Bars and more bars surround us, flaking paint and warped wood stared back daring us to find better. There was non of course. This wasn’t the boulevard of broken dreams, it was shanty town, barrio, a place to be lost ...
Cold Steel

Cold Steel

When I returned one time from war I brought a "trophy"home, going from that to "ordinary" life is almost impossible for many, it's why i've always argued with young people signing up seeking the excitement I had sought. No one ever returns from war. Cold Steel I don’t know I cant stand What is in my head Or what is in my hand. Should I care ShouldI dare? I have And it was exhilarating. I ...

A Rant…….

Today the 29th, 1979. It turned me and educated me about the insane "National Rifle Association" I(the NRA), in America. Today marks the anniversary of the Cleveland Elementary School shooting in San Diego. A 16-year-old girl, Brenda Anne Spencer, She was the first school shooting in America where she gunned down classmates, Police and teachers with .22 rifle. It started it all... the first! An inspiration! What's bizarre and I have never understood was her ...
Childhood judgements.

Childhood judgements.

As a child my parents took me to Butlins holiday camp, maybe a few will see this, will have seen this. But this is over forty years ago. The shed smells of shit Its not a shed its a chalet Its boxed happiness Its freedom From desolation Its a summery Destination With a swimming pool Full of polio Cold shivering skinny kid Its the place We leap Like national sheep Laughing in unison Drunken fornication ...
Sorry my friend.

Sorry my friend.

I had a lifelong friend called Nicky. He drank hard from an early age, his parents letting him drink at fourteen, he had no chance. As a young man he ws quite brilliant, I worked with him much of my life and to my shame I covered for him when he was too drunk or hungover to work. I'd put him to bed on a night, take his cigaerettes and lighter so he wouldn't burn ...
Fed Up

Fed Up

The British are a stupid race of people still sticking like slime to feudalist barons boots. We are a race of people who are constantly conditioned by the aristocratic invented phrase “the stiff upper lip”. And when the rest of Europe are steadily decreasing the cost to their Citizens of ridiculous price increases for energy and transport and everything else that followed Covid and the rip off that was Brexit we go “oh well must ...