Forum

The view from the w...

Notifications
Clear all

The view from the wrong end of the long tail!

9 Posts
6 Users
3 Likes
philwhiteland
(@philwhiteland)
Topic starter

Hi, my name is Philip Whiteland and I've just joined Ukauthors.  I must admit, I've never had a website go to all the trouble of changing it's name just as I joined in an effort to shake me off, but it didn't work 😉

My background is that I'm a retired Lecturer in HRM.  Over the past 12 years or so I've been writing articles for our local newspapers which document my memories of growing up in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s, hopefully in a humorous way.  These have been collected into four e-books which have been reasonably popular (well, they are with me anyway).  I also write contemporary observation pieces (I've just posted one to this site  https://ukauthors.com/2017/03/24/steak-pie and I'm trying to write a humorous novel, but I'm stuck at the moment.  Anyway, thanks for having me and I look forward to getting to know some of you 🙂

Posted : March 24, 2017 12:39 pm
ukadmin reacted
sirat
(@sirat)
Trusted Member

Welcome aboard Phil. I look forward to reading your stuff. Hope you like it here.

David.

Posted : March 24, 2017 12:59 pm
philwhiteland
(@philwhiteland)
Topic starter

Thanks a lot, David.  I'll have to make time to have a good look around the place 🙂

Posted : March 24, 2017 3:00 pm
philwhiteland
(@philwhiteland)
Topic starter

BTW, I don't think my link to my first article works (I have no idea why not, technology is not my strong point), so I'll try again Steak Pie

Posted : March 24, 2017 3:04 pm
ukadmin reacted
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Yay! Welcome, Phil.

Looking forward to reading your work 🙂

Posted : March 24, 2017 3:14 pm
philwhiteland
(@philwhiteland)
Topic starter

Thank you.  That should be a spur to actually write something 🙂

Posted : March 24, 2017 3:43 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Hi Phil, welcome to UKA - I've removed the bracket at the end of your link, and it works now 🙂

Posted : March 24, 2017 8:24 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to read your work.

Posted : March 24, 2017 11:32 pm
Shackleton
(@shackleton)
Trusted Member

Welcome to UKA, Philip. Do you take sugar in your tea? I'm still trying to figure out exactly what this HRM you were lecturing about is all about. Can you elucidate?

I'll certainly have a bit of a look-see at your postings.

Posted : March 25, 2017 12:13 am
Share: