Forum

Notifications
Clear all

It's Meself

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
934 Views
Shackleton
(@shackleton)
Posts: 51
Trusted Member
Topic starter
 

Hi All. I did previously post an introduction, but those foul hackers pooped inappropriately and spoiled the party.

I just wanted to say that I used to be a member of the auld UKA site, but had a break from creative writing sites for a couple of years. I'm now back under a new handle, trying to reinvent myself. I remember the UKA site and the members therein with great affection and I can see many of the 'old' folks still around. I like to comment as/when the spirit moves me, but I sure ain't able to offer no critique no how.

I got a nib and a nom for my first submission, which fair took me breath away. Thanks to whoever.

Good to be back.

 

 

 
Posted : December 18, 2016 8:48 pm
wabdadmin
(@wabdadmin)
Posts: 15
Eminent Member Admin
 

Welcome back!

Yes,i had to roll back the site by 12 hours due to the hack so anything posted on site during those 12 hours was lost.  Soz about that.

 

 
Posted : December 18, 2016 9:17 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Posts: 190
Prominent Member Admin
 

Great to see you back, otre!

 
Posted : December 18, 2016 9:27 pm
Shackleton
(@shackleton)
Posts: 51
Trusted Member
Topic starter
 

Thanks Wabdadmin (Richard?) and Andrea (rings on her fingers and bells upon her toes?). Rather quiet round these parts...

 
Posted : December 23, 2016 10:35 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Posts: 746
Reputable Member
 

How's the Antarctic, Ot? 🙂

 
Posted : December 24, 2016 12:37 am
sirat
(@sirat)
Posts: 58
Trusted Member
 

Quiet. True. I will try to be more noisy in future. Welcome back. I look forward to reading your stuff.

 
Posted : December 24, 2016 2:23 am
Shackleton
(@shackleton)
Posts: 51
Trusted Member
Topic starter
 

Hi stevef and sirat. Good to encounter you both again. Antarctica was Ok, but a bit chilly round the extremities. Good to be back in the warm embrace of WABD/UKA.

I've recently retired after working non-stop for 50 years. Obviously mixed feelings, but time to move on to the next phase of my life. Now I’ve got poems to write, stories to invent, wine to ferment (and sample), gardens to landscape, scenes to photograph, rooms to decorate, posh sheds to erect, dogs to walk and grandchildren to chase. I’m still getting up at 6am and I’m unsure what day it is… but I’m looking forward to the next 50 years.

 

 
Posted : December 30, 2016 12:20 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Posts: 310
Reputable Member
 

Hands up. T'was me wot nominated your first poem. 😉

I thought it was warm hearted and well written. I love humour even if it seems to be at odds with my oft times depressing numbers!

Alison x

 
Posted : January 4, 2017 5:00 pm
Shackleton
(@shackleton)
Posts: 51
Trusted Member
Topic starter
 

Thanks, Alison. I really appreciate your words and your nom. Take care for now.

Mick.

 
Posted : January 8, 2017 8:30 pm
Share: