Clear all

Hi - I'm A Michigander

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
allets
(@allets)
Topic starter

I picked up the writing bug around 1969, had some excellent profs in English Lit. Found Wallace Stevens and was sold on wanting to be a poet. (Ended up in the corporate world, but what the hey?) Live readings were plentiful, around WSU, the poets, like poverty, were everywhere. Spent decades publishing, editing, teaching, discovering the internet and posting - this is fun. I've met some astonishing writers and a few incredible personalities on line. I am 66, retired, and write something daily, either political commentary (prose) or poetry from a wide and eclectic range of topics. An Haiku and a few Limericks are among my first posts here on WABD. I'll be posting from time to time (thanks to my good buddy sweetwater who mentioned the site). I like the ease of posting and the delay so that it can be edited later. Once I decide on a picture of me to put on my page - well, we'll see. 😀  - allets -

Posted : February 16, 2017 8:26 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member

Hi allets and welcome to the site ????

Thanks for sharing your interesting and very experienced background . I think it helps people settle in quickly to know a little about one another. I like to see pics of people but it's a personal thing and some prefer to remain more elusive ????

Even avatars are good ???? I really hope you enjoy it here. It's a great place with many personalities.  In fact, as we were discussing on a recent night out I had with two other members, I think writing attracts personalities that are interesting because writers and poets tend to be deep thinkers and individualists .

There is a lot of freedom here both in what we post and what we want in the level of feedback and crit.  Anyway, welcome aboard.

Alison X

Posted : February 18, 2017 8:30 am
Share: