Forum

Recent Meet up in E...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Recent Meet up in Edinburgh

11 Posts
6 Users
5 Likes
973 Views
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Posts: 310
Reputable Member
Topic starter
 

On a happier topic. Had a great night out last Friday when I met up with Charlie (Zen Bhuddist) and Kim (Kat) from UKA.

We went to a really traditional pub up the famous Rose Street, here in Edinburgh. The conversation was stimulating and funny as you can imagine.;-)

We hope to be attending more poetry get-togethers in this vibrant city. I am hoping they both start posting more and that perhaps future nights may include such luminaries as Weefatfella and Dylan if he could make it through fae Glesga.

Writers and poets will never be dull, run out of conversation or fail to be good company. That has been my experience to date.

Cheers! 😉

 
Posted : February 10, 2017 9:53 pm
kats reacted
Shackleton
(@shackleton)
Posts: 51
Trusted Member
 

Rock 'n' roll, Stormwolf. Kim (Kat) is a friend of mine and she recently spoke of meeting with you... with great affection. I have a bit of a splintered Anglo/Celtic soul due to the diverse romantic dabblings of my ancestors. Be good to catch you one day, our kiddo, my auld gal and me bonnie lassie.

 
Posted : February 10, 2017 10:22 pm
kats reacted
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Posts: 404
Reputable Member
 

It is always nice to meet up with old friends and you are lucky to live near so many talented ex-UKA's members.
Glad you had a good time. I remember Kim, who was a prolific contributor to the site, very well and recall her bitter-sweet, and witty, caption written on a door of a depression clinic: 'Happy hours 6-8pm'. Zen Bhuddist is a more unknown quantity to me; perhaps he was there before I joined.
Best wishes, Luigi x

 

 
Posted : February 11, 2017 10:06 am
kats reacted
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Posts: 310
Reputable Member
Topic starter
 

Hi folks, 🙂

Yes, Kim and I get on like a house on fire. Same with Charlie. Made me realize how lucky I am to know so many truly interesting and talented people. 🙂 I used to love both their posts on UKA. I met up with Kim when she moved back from Germany to Edinburgh and we are very in tune with one another. Kindred spirits in fact.
I met Charlie when I attended the Edinburgh Writer's group.

Surprised you are not familiar with Charlie, Luigi. He's a stalwart of UKA . He writes prose and was sad to see so little on the new site, so I encouraged him to get posting. Kim will too in good time.

Charlie's work is hilarious, but may not appeal to all, peppered as it is with swear words. However, he reflects that street language and has such a deep insight into the way those people act, that I find him authentic and very funny. I love 'real' people.

Apparently, there are several good evenings to be had, where, depending on the event, it's either slam poetry or readings of a more sedate nature. Love it all. Kim did say that there seems to be a preponderance of men at some....Oh dear. I shall just have to cope! 😉

As to your splintered angle/ Celtic soul Mick...forewarned is forearmed. At least I will not make the big faux paux I did that night on being chatted up at the bar by some likely 'lad' standing next to me. I could not understand a word he was saying, so in the end enquired whether he was Polish?

After much load guffaws from his company he replied "No, Irish!"  And sure as God so he was on closer listening.

A fellow Celt and yet unrecognised. ha-ha

Must have been the grog wot done it as Ex would say 😉 x

 
Posted : February 11, 2017 3:12 pm
kats reacted
shywolf
(@shywolf)
Posts: 79
Estimable Member
 

I remember Kat, luv, she was shameless in her pursuit of yours truly...her appetite challenged my virginal resolve to the fullest.  I sincerely hope she posts some serious pieces here at WABD, and not the veiled flirtations I endured during my youthful years at UKA.  😉

 
Posted : February 12, 2017 3:07 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Posts: 310
Reputable Member
Topic starter
 

Worse than me? OMG!

Mind you, that must have been waaay before my time. I cannot quite recall your "virginal resolve" being in operation even from my early days. 😉

 
Posted : February 12, 2017 3:41 pm
kats reacted
kats
 kats
(@kats)
Posts: 6
Active Member
 

Thank you so much for those comments, dear Luigi. I have missed interacting with you over the years and hope to change that after my unsought sabbatical. x

 
Posted : March 21, 2017 1:28 pm
kats
 kats
(@kats)
Posts: 6
Active Member
 

Oh, young Wolfie... bring it on, I say. The kitten has returned, but more like a tiger than ever. You have been warned. :^)

 
Posted : March 21, 2017 1:31 pm
kats
 kats
(@kats)
Posts: 6
Active Member
 

A person I really miss from the 'old days' of UKA is Flash. Was that his name? He was very funny and I think his real name was Alan Ingram, something like that - a good writer too, though he didn't do it often. Does anyone know him or where he went? I used to have his email address.

See, I'm flirting already, Mr Wolf. ;^)

 
Posted : March 21, 2017 1:37 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Posts: 404
Reputable Member
 

Was it another pseudonym of Sunken, by any chance? He was very funny and witty but he has disappeared without trace.

 
Posted : March 21, 2017 2:41 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Posts: 190
Prominent Member Admin
 

Sunks is still about and sorts out the UKA Twitter account, although he's no longer active on UK, sadly. I remember Flash well - wonder what happened to him (he wasn't Sunks, though :))

 
Posted : March 21, 2017 8:54 pm
Share: