Forum

ON WHITE SUPREMACY
 
Notifications
Clear all

ON WHITE SUPREMACY

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
2,029 Views
SimonLeigh
(@simonleigh)
Posts: 32
Trusted Member
Topic starter
 

 

A black supremacist terrorist group yesterday attacked police with rocks and bottles in an illegal demonstration to protest the judge’s verdict in a manslaughter case. White policemen had tried to arrest a convicted felon parole-violator in a suspected drug case but instead of following their orders he smashed his car into the police cars and drove off. After a long high-speed chase he was stopped but again refused to obey the police order to show his hands, instead reaching for what the police officer assumed was his gun, which it was, so he shot him. His parents don’t seem to think their son deserved such harsh punishment, and blacks are continuing their demands for white police officers to treat their criminals with greater respect and kindness.

 

 
Posted : September 16, 2017 6:27 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Posts: 190
Prominent Member Admin
 

Shame it has to (still) come down to black and white though, Si, don't you think?

 
Posted : September 17, 2017 7:59 pm
SimonLeigh
(@simonleigh)
Posts: 32
Trusted Member
Topic starter
 

Ridiculous. But in Toronto the Good we're now getting a couple of shootings every night, (wife's heard them) and it's always blacks doing the shooting. Whites just don't shoot each other like that. They shoot other people, or themselves, or mass murder. I think most of the black shootings are because of drug gangs and deals gone bad, and hope they'll taper off next year when marijuana is legal and for sale in government stores. When the Black Lives Matter group sabotaged our Pride Parade to protest police presence, I was cross. Sure, cops treat them worse than whites, but that's because they commit so much more street crime than whites do, (the stats are clear) not because of their skin colour. Little old white ladies get a free pass because they're unlikely to be criminals. Any black person who calls me a racist I'll say, OK, but so are you. Let's get off it. 

 
Posted : September 17, 2017 8:43 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 555
Estimable Member
 

you know it is annoying this use of words such as black and white.

 

we are not white are we? I mean not even the palest white is totally WHITE.

and they are not black... are they? no and I watched a video once the guy who was "black" kept saying it is a curse to call them like that and he preferred the n word instead.

 

 

 
Posted : September 18, 2017 2:42 am
SimonLeigh
(@simonleigh)
Posts: 32
Trusted Member
Topic starter
 

I refer then to African-American Canadians.

 
Posted : September 18, 2017 3:29 am
stevef
(@stevef)
Posts: 746
Reputable Member
 

 Well, world populations are grouped as Caucasian, Negroid, Mongoloid and Australoid. The term Negroid, as we all know, originates from the (16th century explorers) Spanish word 'negro', which means black. There are probably hundreds of shades between black and white - they can't all be classified. 

I lived in equatorial and sub equatorial Africa for eight years and the indigenous inhabitants (black and brown)  referred to themselves as black. So, that's a definite from the man on the spot!

People of African descent commonly refer to themselves as black. no matter where they live. We hear this all the time in the UK. And don't forget that the term Black Power was created by American negroes during the civil rights issues.

 

 

 
Posted : September 18, 2017 8:48 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Posts: 404
Reputable Member
 

Nic wrote: I watched a video once the guy who was "black" kept saying it is a curse to call them like that and he preferred the n word instead.

Considering that the etymology of the n word is from the Latin noun niger which means black I can't see the difference.

 
Posted : September 18, 2017 9:39 am
SimonLeigh
(@simonleigh)
Posts: 32
Trusted Member
Topic starter
 

Last week I was surprised to hear a Jamaican woman, furious at a man for saying she can't park on the footpath, referring to his "white ass" as an insult. Sounded a bit racist to me.

 
Posted : September 18, 2017 11:23 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 555
Estimable Member
 

yeah, I forgot that in Latin it means black! indeed. 

the guy said - if I remember correctly - that the word black is a curse. and he probably didn't have a problem to be called black in another language, but the English word black is a very bad curse. 

 

well is it? I know that 'blimey' is a curse from "blind me" and indeed I avoided it ever since I learned its true meaning although the word seemed 'fine' (fine is another fine word by the way ...fine..... very nice and nice too is also a nice word.. )

what about black where does it come from? 

 

 
Posted : September 18, 2017 1:44 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Posts: 746
Reputable Member
 

Present day 'black' in English is just what it means regarding colour - a very dark shade. In other respects, there are the following terms:

Black moods (angry or depressed)

Blackmail (extortion)

Black economy (buying/selling without paying due taxes)

Putting up a black (making a gaffe - a rare expression now)

Black market (illegal selling)

Black spot (renowned accident location)

In the black (operating at a profit)

Curse and mark of Cain reference in Wiki: At some point after the start of the slave trade in the United States, many[citation needed] Protestant denominations began teaching the belief that the mark of Cain was a dark skin tone, although early descriptions of Romani as "descendants of Cain" written by Franciscan monk Symon Semeonis suggest that this belief had existed for some time. Protestant preachers wrote exegetical analyses of the curse, with the assumption that it was dark skin.

Talk about obscure! I'd happily wager that 99.9999% of us have never heard of that. It's also arguable that the likes of Cain and his biblical colleagues even existed in the first place but that's another subject altogether.

 
Posted : September 18, 2017 2:38 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Posts: 190
Prominent Member Admin
 

I dunno, I have no probs with blacks. My upstairs neighbour is black (Suriname I think) - her 2 boys are the politest, most well-manned kids I've ever met.  One of my best friends is black (Suriname/Indonesian) and so is another friend/neighbour (English Caribbean). Many Of Jesse's friends are black. Frankly, we have many more problems here with Moroccans and Turks (mainly Moroccans)...

 
Posted : September 18, 2017 8:09 pm
Share: