Forum

How is Mike?
 
Notifications
Clear all

How is Mike?

38 Posts
8 Users
7 Likes
42.3 K Views
sweetwater
(@sweetwater)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

Has anyone heard from Mike lately? It's been a week or more since I last saw any posts. 

 
Posted : August 6, 2017 12:26 pm
franciman
(@franciman)
Posts: 17
Reputable Member
 

Hi Sue.

Spoke to Mike yesterday.  He's still going, just very tired and a little in shock, I guess.  I'll be speaking to him tomorrow I hope, so I will give him your regards?

Jim

 
Posted : August 6, 2017 3:40 pm
sweetwater
(@sweetwater)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

I am pleased to hear he's still up and running I was getting a little concerned that he hadn't commented on here for a few days. I would appreciate it very much if you could give him my warmest wishes.  Thank you  Sue.

 
Posted : August 6, 2017 5:05 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Posts: 190
Prominent Member Admin
 

Mike called me yesterday, Sue. He is doing okay, considering. At home, managing to take dogs for walks etc (albeit with difficulty). Will keep you informed and pass on your most welcome good wishes. 

 
Posted : August 6, 2017 8:14 pm
valdohren
(@valdohren)
Posts: 16
Active Member
 

I Andrea

Have been looking in for any news too.  Pleased he is holding on, and please give him my best wishes also.

Thanks.  Val 

 
Posted : August 6, 2017 9:24 pm
mikeverdi
(@mikeverdi)
Posts: 39
Eminent Member
 

Errr... Hello gang.

Thought I better join in on this thread.  I've been holding back on info. while the doctors etc. decided what to do with me. As I didn't die to order (as it were), things got a little complicated. Its been just over a month now and I'm still holding my own ( if you'll pardon the pun). they have reduced my drug intake, along with the pain killers. This has enabled them to take the syringe driver away, along with the daily nurse visits to top it up. Lesley has taken over my care again.  I am still very weak, I can just about lift a Gin & Tonic. Everything takes time and planning now.  I am still terminal, there is no talk of recovery; just a pause on the way.  We are trying to make the best of it.  On good days I can do this...write. I will try to keep it up.

Thanks to all of you who have supported me (and still do)

Mike XXXXX

 
Posted : August 7, 2017 9:49 am
valdohren
(@valdohren)
Posts: 16
Active Member
 

Hi Mike

Thanks for the update.  Pleased you are still holding on, and long may you do so.  Maybe the clue is in the gin and tonic, keep it up, or should I say down !!  Perhaps you still have some great writing to offer us all before departing this mortal coil.  Anyway Mike, I hope you remain with us a great deal longer.  Don't really know what else to say, other than to reiterate that my thoughts are with you constantly.

Much love, Val xxx 

 
Posted : August 7, 2017 10:45 am
mikeverdi reacted
pommer
(@pommer)
Posts: 12
Active Member
 

Hi Mike,

it is so good to hear that you are still with us and that you have not lost your sense of humour. Keep it up,because they say that laughter is the best medicine. I am glad you had your medication reduced. seriously I hope that you will be with us for a long time yet,because all of us enjoy all your contributions. I am also pleased that Lesley is once again your nurse, because there is nothing like being at home when one is not feeling well,I know. Take care my friend, love to Lesley, Peter.

 
Posted : August 7, 2017 10:59 am
sweetwater
(@sweetwater)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

Thank you Andrea, he has been such an inspiration to me, and continues to be even more so with his courage and upbeat attitude towards this illness. It's good to be reassured he's still up and about. Sue xx

 
Posted : August 7, 2017 12:43 pm
sweetwater
(@sweetwater)
Posts: 27
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

Hi Mike thank you for the update it's so good to hear from you and to know your humour and courage haven't failed you.  I hope with all my being that the pause is a very long one as I'm sure everyone else does too.  Sending love and good wishes to you every single day. Sue .

 
Posted : August 7, 2017 12:59 pm
mikeverdi reacted
pommer
(@pommer)
Posts: 12
Active Member
 

hi Mike, further to my recent mail, ( which I am ask to moderate)I am pleased by what you are saying in your update.Thinking of you daily, Peter. 

 
Posted : August 7, 2017 2:55 pm
mikeverdi
(@mikeverdi)
Posts: 39
Eminent Member
 

It's enough that you are still with me?

 
Posted : August 7, 2017 4:19 pm
valdohren
(@valdohren)
Posts: 16
Active Member
 

Hi Mike

How's it going ?  Always thinking of you.

Love and {{{hugs}}},  Val xxx 

 
Posted : August 13, 2017 10:33 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Posts: 310
Reputable Member
 

Mike, I have left a message on your phone. Did not want to bother you in case you were resting,

Much love

Alison xxx

 
Posted : August 13, 2017 2:43 pm
mikeverdi
(@mikeverdi)
Posts: 39
Eminent Member
 

Hello again, things are still going well. Had some time out and about, I've started driving HaHa!  Been up on Dartmoor and down the coast road.  We are taking get nothing for granted, just enjoying our time together. We have friends around and get out to pubs when I can. There's a blues festival on in Plymouth at the moment, brilliant.  Thanks for thinking of me,  I will try and write more.

Mike XxX

 
Posted : August 14, 2017 8:23 am
Page 1 / 3
Share: