For The Record  

belcanto
Reputable Member

Yes, I have left this site and removed my work, though have not yet asked Andrea to close my account so I'm able to post in any way I choose, for the moment.

This time around(contrary to a few years ago) I did not go off in a mighty huff over hurt, anger or a dispute with anyone. In fact, since this version of UKA has been up and running and I ventured a return, I've been scrupulous in my resolve to avoid any such untoward public display and mended fences as much as possible, both privately and onsite through respectful interaction. Though I've been outspoken about my views on how the site does or doesn't work (to include the poetry challenge), I take any misgivings/grievances concerning others to the person or persons I think can best help me work things through to some kind of resolution.  

So, to set the record straight, my departure had nothing whatsoever to do with any disagreement, throwing of tantrums or toys from my pram. I was never involved with any 'insanity', nor was I trying to create havoc by 'taking sides' or undermining anyone. What I WAS doing on shoutbox just before my exit, was attempting to reassure and support Goth who was in complete shock after watching his account, with all his submissions and comments on them, go into freefall while he was helpless to do anything about it since he was locked out of the site.  Thanks to Richard and others, he was able to get back on, start to re-submit his work and at least 'talk' on shoutbox while still barred from the forums.

I'm not going to say why I left in a public forum, but I've posted a number of comments around the site  over the last weeks which reflect my growing concerns and disenchantment. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2017 9:09 pm
andrea
Honorable Member Admin

Sorry to see you go, Bel - appreciated your input over the years...

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2017 9:52 pm
savvi
Trusted Member

I'll miss your presence on the site and your honest and balanced feedback. you should leave your account open, that way you can come and have a swim anytime you feel like it. The pool is always open and the waters fine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2017 5:30 pm
andrea
Honorable Member Admin

Yes, agree, savvi, a sad loss to the site...

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2017 8:54 pm
belcanto
Reputable Member

savvi: you should leave your account open, that way you can come and have a swim anytime you feel like it. The pool is always open and the waters fine.

Well I've asked Andrea to close my account, but for whatever reason - wily forgetfulness or having far more important priorities - here I am, able to respond on this thread!

Only thing I'd re-enter these waters for at this point in time is the poetry challenge. So get with it savvi, m'lad.  Or, ifyouplease.  Or, ionicus.   

You need an undercover operation though to attract/bribe/persuade more participants, as well as the co-operation of Richard for promotional purposes. IMHO.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 6, 2017 7:48 pm

Working

Please Login or Register