UKAway 2017  

I'm running up a flag here. 

We were represented at Limnisa, Greece in 2016 and I might return in late summer if anyone else is keen.

Staying in the Mediterranean region, we've been to Southern Cyprus and Northern Cyprus and I loved being in both and would again. We also spent time on Lanzarote and although my angina became unstable then, I would dearly love to stay in that finca again.

We've stayed in Carmarthen and Newcastle too and my writing definitely upticks in all of them. 

Any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2017 8:13 pm

I'm leaning at a steep angle now to return to Limnisa for the two weeks at the start of September. Two others are thinking the same. It would be grand to see UKAway there. The website is http://www.limnisa.com

My habit to stay in an apartment in the village, cycle or walk the short distance to the retreat for breakfast. Some partake in pre-brekkie yoga - Elfstone did last year and I thought about doing so - does that count? There's quiet time in the morning for writing but if you want to chat with one of more others we can go for a walk to a another spot or return to our apartments. I tend to cycle in the cool of the mornings and write, sea-dip etc in the afternoons, visit local sights. I can't wait.

Anyone here like to join me?

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 25, 2017 1:27 pm
kats
 kats

I so enjoyed the time in Lanzarote, Geoff, with yourself and the others in 2015.

I'm not long back from a wee retreat to Tahiche in Lanzarote - all by myself on a lovely finca amidst the lava fields - so inspiring. I don't think I can make September owing to work commitments and a 3 week holiday to Germany in Aug, but wish I could. Would be great to hang out with you all again.

To anyone thinking of going - it's so worth it to get the chance to meet like-minded people and enjoy the sun.

Kim   x

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 27, 2017 1:45 pm

I very much enjoyed all of our company there on Lanzarote. That in spite of me getting worrying chest pains from my angina that became unstable while we were there. Three stents later and I took Mrs N back to our finca near Arrieta. She doesn't have the writer's and artist's soul. While I thrive in isolation and be inspired by the quietness of that area, she could only do so for a day or so and I shouldn't say she prefers to be within a handbag's throw of a large department store, but she is more a city dweller than I. Luckily, she doesn't mind me heading off alone to writers' retreats though she prefers others will be there in case I hit a snag. 

I wouldn't mind retreating to either of the two Cyprus places we stayed at, or somewhere completely different.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 27, 2017 2:05 pm
Elfstone

I think Limnisa is a distinct possibility again this year.  I loved it last year and it was  very productive. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 27, 2017 5:57 pm geoffnelder liked
shywolf
Posted by: kats

To anyone thinking of going - it's so worth it to get the chance to meet like-minded people and enjoy the sun.

Kim   x

Golly, I'd love the chance to meet like-minded people and enjoy the sun (in the nude).  Say, Kat, you could bunk with me, if you want.  I sleep in the buff and I don't mind if you do too, as long as you don't snore.

Instead of trying to undo the biting of the old apple/I bite a new one instead/And with a toothless grin/Become a Dionysian among Christians.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2017 3:56 am
kats
 kats

Er, why aren't you banned yet? And wos it you behind that terrible Daily Fail headline today focusing on the legs of TM and NS as opposed to their thoughts and policies? Mr Wolf, back into your basket.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2017 11:50 am
kats
 kats

Geoff, so delighted to hear and see that you are well and able to enjoy your love of life to the full again. I know you reassured me by email a couple of years ago when I had concerns about my husband who has a cardiac issue.

Kim   x

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2017 11:58 am

Working

Please Login or Register