Opting out of receiving comments  

Page 4 / 4 Prev
gerry

I would like to join Luigi and Goth. Please keep away from my comments box too.

Gerry. ;-(

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2017 5:06 pm
stormwolf

Thank God I don't write prose. 🙁

Enjoy your break Trevor and looking forward to reading more of your moving poetry when you return.

HA xxx

Of life's two chief prizes, beauty and truth, I found the first in a loving heart and the second in a laborer's hand.

Khalil Gibran

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2017 5:54 pm

I'm just glad to keep getting up in the morning.

Have a good holiday, Trevor. Don't forget to slap plenty of high factor on your white bits.

Edited: 6 days  ago

I've looked up and looked down. I've even done the okey-cokey and turned around, but I still can't find where my lost youth has gone. Has anyone seen it? There's unfinished business.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 17, 2017 11:30 am
savvi

All and any feedback should only ever comment on the poem or the prose, the minute we start to use words like 'You' it becomes personal to the poet or writer and this is totally unacceptable in my opinion. We have a duty to keep critique on the page. We also have a duty as a poet or author to accept feedback no matter how disparaging and say thank you. People give their time freely to the site and can only ever provide comment and their personal interpretation of what was read. We all have a choice to accept or ignore the advice. Mods have accepted a responsibility to manage the ethics of the site and should be policing any comment that is directed at the author or poet and it should be snuffed out.  IMHO

Edited: 6 days  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 17, 2017 6:02 pm
mikeverdi

That's it in a nut shell, nothing more to say.

Mike 

"Fuck them if they can't take a joke"

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2017 9:06 am
andrea

Happy hols, Trevor!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2017 9:33 pm
e-griff

Mike and savvi : agreed

Edited: 2 days  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2017 10:14 am
gothicman

Thanks Stormwolf, Otreasaigh, and Andrea, for happy holiday wishes. To Savvi I would say, in the creative arts, the person and what the person produces cannot be differentiated, one is the projection or extension of the other; if you're derogatory to one, the other is automatically included, and similarly  affected.

I should not have erred on my own promises to myself and ventured into the UKA Forums. If I see I can help someone with a forum inquiry, like a computer problem, I'll do it by PM. The forum moderator agreed to unlock this thread so that I could remove all my comments, as the whole composition, including content and logical sequence had been changed, causing later remarks in comments to lose their reference source, or were left out of context. It's because of this manipulation possibility, whether necessary or not, that I'm refraining from entering these forums again.

Goth

Edited: 1 day  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2017 5:12 pm
savvi

I agree in some part Trevor and trust me I too have struggled to accept and not take personally some comments my prose work has attracted. I even decided at one point that I wouldn't post any more because I was made to feel my works here were sub-standard, which in truth they probably are but I do believe that we owe each other a duty of care as I described earlier. I guess what I'm trying to say is I understand how hard it is to separate ones self from ones prose, but for the need of good feedback that helps us improve, surely we must try. Best Keith

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2017 8:07 pm
Page 4 / 4 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register