Comments Stream

  • Guaj

    From Guaj on Empty words

    Empty words indeed – Surat and Sydney, good analogy. I’ve been to Surat; plenty of Australians there!

    “You maybe healing your elbows
    But hurting your knees.”

    In Denmark I heard a similar expression: “Pissing in your trousers to keep warm.”

    Go to comment
    2019/06/24 at 7:47 am
    • supratik

      From supratik on Empty words

      Thank you very much. Am glad you liked the analogy. The places have been taken at random.

      Go to comment
      2019/06/24 at 1:46 pm
  • Guaj

    From Guaj on Double role

    Hello,
    You sum up this problem so well with these moving words. I saw how people (especially the young) have to struggle to eat and take care of their families. They have to pay the street mafia and endure insults and ridicule from those only marginally better off who refer to them as ‘The Australians’ and other derogatory terms.

    Few people here are aware of how life really goes on in the so called fastest growing economy on Earth.
    You make a good point that unfortunately no one listens to.

    Go to comment
    2019/06/24 at 7:40 am
    • supratik

      From supratik on Double role

      The disparity in our part of the world is vulgar. That’s all I can say. Glad you liked it.
      Relax. They will listen.

      Go to comment
      2019/06/24 at 1:49 pm
  • shywolf

    From shywolf on Charming fellow

    “All the world’s a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts,”

    Shakespeare

    In our heart of hearts, what are we indeed, a Chaplin or a Hitler? In a world full of ‘actors’, it’s sometimes difficult to tell. But do you want to be a charming fellow, when in your heart, you’re not?

    “It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.”

    Mahatma Gandhi

    A very thought provoking poem, supratik.

    Go to comment
    2019/06/23 at 9:31 pm
    • supratik

      From supratik on Charming fellow

      You have hit the bull’s eye. I feel glad at moments such as these, when the poem is interpreted as a poem, not on the basis of the poet.
      Mahatma Gandhi said that in a different context, it cannot be generalised, if so, ghastly acts may also be deemed as potent.
      Thank you very much Shywolf.

      Go to comment
      2019/06/24 at 1:57 pm
  • shywolf

    From shywolf on Mango tree

    Now that is a powerful image. It begs the question, is that little girl also a fruit of the tree? Is the tree of life also the tree of death? A very sharp three-liner.

    Go to comment
    2019/06/23 at 9:12 pm
    • supratik

      From supratik on Mango tree

      Thank you. This was considered a haiku, then changed as a senryu. Later, I decided to keep it as a three-liner because I wanted the name as an identification of the poem, so readers know that I’m talking about a specific region. I feel happy that it wasn’t overlooked I cannot lie… but most of the time I’m least bothered as to who looks, who pecks and who overlooks. If I start judging my lines on the basis of visitors and comments then it’s sad and definitely distracting.
      Coming to the poem, it’s primarily trying to portray the picture of a violated girl who was hanged after fruition… a common scene in our ‘mahan’ (great) India, but with all the metaphor, it’s much more than that. You must know that I’m regarded as a traitor in my country, someone who’s busy selling poverty to the West. And in the West I have recently bagged the title of a European hater ha ha ha. If I have to choose between God is truth and Truth is God, I will choose the latter because I think it is more inclusive.
      I consider myself though as a writer, someone who was born to write. Sounds pompous… what to do… I am obsessed with my black hat.

      Go to comment
      2019/06/25 at 5:45 am
  • mitch

    From mitch on On The Beach

    Subtle internal rhyming – loved it and the triple alliteration in “carping creed and familial critique…”

    Go to comment
    2019/06/23 at 7:13 pm
    • franciman

      From franciman on On The Beach

      Hi Mitch,
      Thanks for the comment. Still trying to find my feet, again..
      Cheers,
      Jim

      Go to comment
      2019/06/25 at 1:37 pm
  • mitch

    From mitch on Sidechained.

    I enjoyed the imagery and the subtle rhythm of it

    Go to comment
    2019/06/23 at 7:06 pm
  • allets

    From allets on Sidechained.

    Creations of dreams – marvelous image – allets

    Go to comment
    2019/06/23 at 1:34 pm
  • allets

    From allets on Closed doors and corridors

    Words woven so tightly a dust mote could not penetrate the tension. It was a walk inside spaces seldom seen. A shaft of dusty rays from sol, the approaching tempestuous dark – woven well indeed – allets

    Go to comment
    2019/06/23 at 1:31 pm
  • Omecronon12

    From Omecronon12 on Haiku

    Not very orthodox but very interesting to me. -thank you!!

    Go to comment
    2019/06/23 at 10:30 am
    • supratik

      From supratik on Haiku

      Absolutely… this is a milder version of a haiku. I’m not a haijin… no way. But sometimes I try. I’m so glad you liked it.

      Go to comment
      2019/06/23 at 10:45 am
  • ifyouplease

    From ifyouplease on Relax

    sometimes we are trouble magnets. we cannot avoid trouble. I do think now it is better not to bother at all eventually, to stop replying as I did for years and years on a site here, politics, boy have written pages and pages of comments and replies over there, but I left, others left too, and now they are begging for visitors and people to comment. that’ll teach them a lesson.

    Go to comment
    2019/06/22 at 7:29 pm
    • supratik

      From supratik on Relax

      Did you know this? The history syllabus in GB doesn’t talk about their Indian colonisation? Their children of today will not know what they did in India! It is such a disservice to history. They’re so ashamed of it that they avoid it like plague… why should it be so I wonder. They’ll never ever change if they’re not conscious. Even today, when they talk to an Indian, it is interesting to read their coinage… Like the response I received from Franciman says… ‘I did not grant you the courtesy’… give me a break please…i know it’s an expression, but why would you use such an expression at all unless you want to belittle someone with your Hoitytoity air eh! In psychoanalysis, one evaluates a person on the basis of the words one uses… like Beckett said… You are your words. But they are neither wrong, nor bad… it’s just the belief system that’s clouding them… they’re attached to their countries… and I have moved away from this tribalism long ago. I am convinced that I belong to the world and I will never ever overlook my past, not make anyone overlook their past, one has to learn from them.

      Go to comment
      2019/06/22 at 8:04 pm
      • supratik

        From supratik on Relax

        Say Kolkata… errrr

        Go to comment
        2019/06/22 at 9:20 pm
      • supratik

        From supratik on Relax

        Hell yes! But Goth… I don’t belong to any country. Not anymore. The world is going through an imbalance please appreciate my goodest friend. Now please let me sleep.

        Go to comment
        2019/06/22 at 9:09 pm
      • From Alfie_Shoyger on Relax

        No, British kids often do learn about the Raj. We learned it at school. They mentioned the Amritsar massacre and all of Gandhi’s boycotts in his little loincloth.

        Now can you please stop posting seven poems at once and keep it to a maximum of two?

        Go to comment
        2019/06/22 at 9:02 pm
        • supratik

          From supratik on Relax

          What the fuck? Go into my earlier poem and check what I told you. Won’t you let me sleep?
          🙂

          Go to comment
          2019/06/22 at 9:14 pm
        • ifyouplease

          From ifyouplease on Relax

          he explained, and this has happened to Trevor too when he restored his pieces.

          Go to comment
          2019/06/22 at 9:13 pm
      • ifyouplease

        From ifyouplease on Relax

        Well Supratik (what does your name mean, I fail to remember, is it symbol? I know Yash means victory, Anil means air, Djeerah means patience)

        when somebody uses such expressions in Greek when addressing me, I start with :

        Example Person: – I didn’t grant you the courtesy bla bla bla
        Me: I grant you the amplitude of my silence until you rephrase. tee hee

        Go to comment
        2019/06/22 at 8:58 pm
        • supratik

          From supratik on Relax

          It’s Dheeraj

          Go to comment
          2019/06/22 at 9:37 pm
          • ifyouplease

            From ifyouplease on Relax

            yes! that’s the name. thanks

            Go to comment
            2019/06/22 at 10:22 pm
        • supratik

          From supratik on Relax

          Su means good, pratik means symbol. But bongs pronounce all /s/ as /sh/ (didn’t get the exact phonetic symbol in my bloody mobile)… so be careful with the bongs, especially when they say, Come, sit beside me.
          Now will you let me sleep?

          Go to comment
          2019/06/22 at 9:13 pm
          • ifyouplease

            From ifyouplease on Relax

            oh I’m sorry, the time difference. have a good rest bye.

            Go to comment
            2019/06/22 at 9:15 pm
          • supratik

            From supratik on Relax

            Don’t feel sorry

            Go to comment
            2019/06/22 at 9:35 pm
    • supratik

      From supratik on Relax

      I can completely understand. In India too, such things happen. But I am determined to say what I have to say. The funny thing is that here in India people think I’m a traitor for what I write about them… like Trevor wrote about our moon landing programme… it’s such a shame… people don’t have one square meal here. And the Europeans think I hate them ha ha ha! I’m perpetually wearing a black hat… if at all, I think I’m close to a Pied Piper. Slowly people will realise that I can move the Arabian sea to the Pacific Ocean…. not with any black magic, but simply with my thoughts. Until people all over the world realise their mistakes, consciousness will remain a word. I’m determined to bring about the metanoia, a shift in the way people perceive their world.
      You enjoy your days… as an exhibitionist ha ha ha.
      Cheers!
      Supratik

      Go to comment
      2019/06/22 at 7:45 pm
      • supratik

        From supratik on Relax

        Ha ha ha ha! Young boys it is my sleep time. Good night. Will come back on Monday and see you right here.
        Supratik

        Go to comment
        2019/06/22 at 9:07 pm
      • ifyouplease

        From ifyouplease on Relax

        and your point is?

        Go to comment
        2019/06/22 at 8:50 pm
        • ifyouplease

          From ifyouplease on Relax

          may I point out that although I do interrupt with my observations and exchange of comments whenever I see fit, in this case you cannot accuse me of meddling in discussions, “without you keep poking your nose in?” as you said later, it was underneath my comment that you started talking about totally irrelevant things as a comment reply to a reply addressed to me.

          why didn’t you add your own comment and hold its original thread of potential replies but chose to use one my original 1st post comments?

          I see that you have been upvoted, why do you do that? this seems organized.

          Go to comment
          2019/06/24 at 10:07 am
        • Guaj

          From Guaj on Relax

          Joder, I didn’t deserve that, Hijo de Puta

          Go to comment
          2019/06/22 at 9:15 pm
        • ifyouplease

          From ifyouplease on Relax

          because you are going to ruin this site?

          Go to comment
          2019/06/22 at 9:00 pm
          • ifyouplease

            From ifyouplease on Relax

            this is not now and again.
            pray have better control, I am trying to help this site for many months now. won’t let another Libran spoil things. there are 11 other star signs that can do it.

            Go to comment
            2019/06/22 at 9:12 pm
          • ifyouplease

            From ifyouplease on Relax

            youtube submissions? what do you mean? I don’t use this site to upload often. I have a little channel yes but less than a 100 views?! do you mean that Librans are actually successful as youtubers and it can be profitable?

            Go to comment
            2019/06/22 at 9:34 pm
          • ifyouplease

            From ifyouplease on Relax

            thanks for letting me know, so they are going to use our charming star sign for universally dubious purposes… must be a reason. in any case, I shall bring it to Pan’s attention, who was born in Caesarea where Christ transformed… in a cave. same city somebody has with leasing in his control. same city with a byzantine inscription about taxing. same many things in the rabbit hole.

            Go to comment
            2019/06/22 at 10:03 pm