Comments Stream

  • supratik

    From supratik on Old Soldiers Never Die

    Very profound. And poignant. I wonder why this effort on the layout of the poem. There must be some reason.

    Go to comment
    2023/12/04 at 5:18 am
    • Gothicman

      From Gothicman on Old Soldiers Never Die

      Thanks, Supratik. The reason for taking care over presentation is to enhance the whole effect, including presentation, which having an artistic education before becoming scientific, is just an easy part of the challenge to submit something. Stormwolf once said if you like what you’ve written, then you should take extra care too, with presenting it, which I agree with. I found it an enjoyable challenge after being asked to write a couple of gravestone epitaphs once!

      Go to comment
      2023/12/04 at 7:21 am
      • supratik

        From supratik on Old Soldiers Never Die

        Of course! The French poets like Apollinaire was a stalwart on this. When he writes about rain, he arranges the text accordingly. I wanted to know the form is highlighting the content in any way.
        Is it? I’m not surprised that writing gravestone epitaphs was an enjoyable challenge for you.

        Go to comment
        2023/12/04 at 7:27 am
  • supratik

    From supratik on The sum of my parts (A soma das minhas partes)

    Civilization lies in this truth. Enjoyed reading your poem.
    Best
    Supratik

    Go to comment
    2023/12/04 at 5:14 am
  • supratik

    From supratik on An Existential Pause

    I’d have done the same, unapologetically. An engaging read.

    Go to comment
    2023/12/04 at 5:07 am
  • Lens_Universe

    From Gary Meale on What’s in a game

    Insightful and hard-edged poetry, Supratik! Your imagery conjured the gladiators in my mind before they were even mentioned. Nicely conveyed and blessings to you. Here’s to a tug of peace.

    Go to comment
    2023/12/03 at 8:45 pm
    • supratik

      From supratik on What’s in a game

      Thank you so much for reading and commenting. And thanks a bunch for leaving a comment in the blog. Much appreciated.
      Best
      Supratik.

      Go to comment
      2023/12/04 at 3:08 am
  • Lens_Universe

    From Gary Meale on Trailing Clouds of Glory by Aziza Hon

    Thank you so much Supratik. Yes, it is unforgiving in its way. Your comment is most appreciated.

    Go to comment
    2023/12/03 at 8:39 pm
  • Gothicman

    From Gothicman on What’s in a game

    There’s some horrific human and environmental activities being played out now that’s for sure, making for high-stimulus TV viewing, in spite of it being a negative such, as if ‘entertaining’ cinema films, with the difference, this is tragically for real. It’s a sad fact that Man, the evolved beast, has a irresistible curiosity for disgusting horror, as if giving ‘not me, someone else’ relief? The jams of slow-moving cars, wanting to see what the crash has caused at a RTA scene, for example, are witness to this. Well-written in a novel way!

    Go to comment
    2023/12/03 at 12:03 pm
    • supratik

      From supratik on What’s in a game

      Exactly so, I was saddened by the crash. Deeply. Thank you for stopping by and sharing your opinion, a deep thinker that you are.
      Yours
      Supratik

      Go to comment
      2023/12/03 at 12:57 pm
  • Gothicman

    From Gothicman on The UKA community

    T’would be a boost to our social souls if a few old members and many new ones would start submitting and interacting again, in all the genres, Supratik, especially with how depressing much of what’s going on in the world is these days. Lots to work through, provoke, inspire, to express opinion about, or just brighten up our dampened hopes and wishes, one would think.
    The motley crowd that like me, who came here in Feb 2004, when BBC’s Poet’s Corner became defunct, seem to have spirited away. Some, Bradene is one, are no longer with us, but, some who hopefully still are, latter day talented stragglers, like Elfstone, Shackleton, and Kat, might well be still around.
    Book loaning, buying, and reading is experiencing a revival here just now, so one can hope the urge to literaral expression, the self-activated verbalising cure, the altruistic sharing of feel-good humour, in creative people,  is dragged along in its wake? Heavy snow here now, very picturesque! Regards, Trevor

    Go to comment
    2023/12/03 at 11:43 am
  • Gothicman

    From Gothicman on In the interest of things

    Well there’s nothing one can add to this fine piece, the wishes of all decent people one would hope, a comprehensive list that flows well, each telling its own story; for me, one of your best protest poems. I would put the political before the religious, but then you know that!

    Go to comment
    2023/11/30 at 2:41 am
  • Gothicman

    From Gothicman on In between

    A poem with well-chosen words that reflects on the mental escape our imagination and phantasies afford us, helping to stop us dwelling too much on the many negatives we’re unable to ignore, or influence. How we need this balancing up effect from your writings, your feel-good reads!

    Go to comment
    2023/11/25 at 11:31 am
  • Gothicman

    From Gothicman on Das Kapital

    Yes, a pathfinder and original thinker, from the far left in, helping to keep politics human, less about material. Like your play on words, a ‘class’ write!

    Go to comment
    2023/11/25 at 11:29 am
    • supratik

      From supratik on Das Kapital

      Oh, thank you! I wasn’t expecting it at all. I’ve seen poems close to my heart going duck (in the uka parlance) before. I’m overjoyed.

      Go to comment
      2023/11/26 at 2:13 pm