Comments Stream

  • featheredwing

    From featheredwing on Bird Of Prey

    Glad you liked this poem and thank you for telling me.

    Featheredwing.

    Go to comment
    2019/12/15 at 12:17 am
  • jolen

    From jolen on Sand In My Hourglass

    This one has a particularly nice rhythm, which starts to get a bit lost nearer the end, but overall, lovely. Great images, not too overdone and picturesque. Made me nostalgic. Well done.

    blessings,
    jolen

    Go to comment
    2019/12/14 at 6:11 pm
    • Gomathi

      From Gomathi on Sand In My Hourglass

      Am so pleased dear Jolen with your lovely comments and sincere review. Thankyou so much for taking time out and letting me know dear. Will keep that in mind while writing.
      Best Wishes
      & Love, Gomathi.

      Go to comment
      2019/12/15 at 2:35 am
  • jolen

    From jolen on Free Barbie

    It’s hard to overcome such painful experiences and I join you in praying she is able to overcome and prosper. Giving voice to those who are downtrodden is admirable, Supratik. Well done.

    blessings,
    jolen

    Go to comment
    2019/12/14 at 6:02 pm
    • supratik

      From supratik on Free Barbie

      A very big thank you for the appreciation Jolen. Means a lot!
      Warm regards,
      Supratik

      Go to comment
      2019/12/16 at 4:23 pm
  • jolen

    From jolen on Reaching Out

    I always appreciate folks who use poetry to speak about important issues, so well done, my dear! Keep it up. The only thing I would perhaps suggest to you over all is that you might try using less rhyme or maybe cutting down syllable length in sentences to really pack a wallop. Just a humble suggestion though.

    Blessings,
    jolen

    Go to comment
    2019/12/14 at 5:59 pm
    • Gomathi

      From Gomathi on Reaching Out

      Thankyou so much dear Jolen for the heart warming comments. That you took out time for it and have found it appealing is so satisfying to hear. Will surely consider your valuable suggestions. I look forward to your able guidance to improve my writing dear. Please feel free to do so.
      With Best Wishes
      & Love, Gomathi.

      Go to comment
      2019/12/15 at 2:28 am
  • jolen

    From jolen on Friday the 13th

    I loved this for several reasons. Firstly because you aptly point out that we are often ruled by illogical silliness rather than sound reasoning and in my opinion, we’re our own victims for it.

    Do you think this superstition stems from the murder of the Templar Knights by Phillip IV of France or perhaps from the Last Supper and Good Friday?

    A much enjoyed read for me, Luigi.

    Go to comment
    2019/12/14 at 5:55 pm
    • ionicus

      From ionicus on Friday the 13th

      Thanks Jolen. The explanation I know is that it relates to the Last Supper.
      Love, Luigi x 🙂

      Go to comment
      2019/12/14 at 11:48 pm
  • jolen

    From jolen on Knife Crime

    Sometimes we find ourselves caught up in something bigger than our own little slice of heaven and often, it’s frightening. I think it happens like your poem unfolds, us seeing everything in sort of slow motion. Well done on conveying it.

    blessings,
    jolen

    Go to comment
    2019/12/14 at 5:47 pm
    • nemo

      From Nemo on Knife Crime

      Thanks for stopping by, jolen. Written down just after it happened.
      Regards, Gerald.

      Go to comment
      2019/12/15 at 8:44 am
  • jolen

    From jolen on What to be, that is the question.

    Well, I don’t understand this new ranking system either, but I enjoyed your comedic ponderance of it.

    love,
    jolen

    Go to comment
    2019/12/14 at 5:44 pm
  • ionicus

    From ionicus on Home for Christmas

    Sorry, Gerald, I am a bit confused. I gather it is about an operation but what puzzled me is this sentence spoken, I assume, by the surgeon:
    “I’ll do it, he said;
    I haven’t lost one yet,
    he added, but I will –
    Is he admitting that although he hasn’t yet lost any patients he will lose this one?

    Go to comment
    2019/12/14 at 11:03 am
    • nemo

      From Nemo on Home for Christmas

      We met these parents after the operation, which was successful, but these were the surgeon’s not very reassuring actual words, not that he intended to lose their daughter but that the operation was risky and there was a possibility that he might. The girl will be in her thirties now. Thanks for commenting, Luigi.
      Cheers,
      Gerald.

      Go to comment
      2019/12/14 at 10:31 pm
  • ionicus

    From ionicus on Reaching Out

    “Nothing is more important than empathy for another human being’s suffering”, Audrey Hepburn once said, but it must be added that what is also needed is compassion and support. Sometimes it is difficult to recognise the causes of depression which could be due to feelings of loss, failure or rejection.
    Loneliness, especially with older people, is a major contributor to such condition.
    In recent years theorists have argued that many depressed individuals depend upon others for their self-esteem and that the loss of one of these emotional supports often precipitates a depressive reaction.
    Your poem, Gomathi, reinforces these views.

    Best wishes, Luigi x

    Go to comment
    2019/12/14 at 10:44 am
    • Gomathi

      From Gomathi on Reaching Out

      Thank you so much dear Luigi for the enlightening input. Hepburn was a beautiful being full of empathy, having endured so much in her growing up years. Good to read her quote here. Also you rightly sum up the situation. One intriguing thing noticed is that even children coming from a good home, amidst friends, active on social media and seemingly successful in their academics are falling into depression. They feel so disconnected despite living more connected than earlier generations. And their rate is alarming.
      So pleased the poem resonated with you and you took the time to read and comment in detail.
      Warm Regards, Gomathi.

      Go to comment
      2019/12/15 at 2:19 am
  • Yutka

    From Yutka on The Devil's Doorbell

    A brilliant showing about the decadence and corruption of once estimated beliefs. It’s not just the Catholic Church highlighted in Ireland, but also to be found with the Protestants, here, there, all over the world. Think about gigantic child abuse high to the echelons of power. It makes my heart scream.
    I loved your description of Molly Malloy, saw her come to live, loved your first sexual encounter in its innocence. Want to read more of your stories.
    Have you published your novel?
    Yutka

    Go to comment
    2019/12/13 at 4:57 pm
    • pronto

      From pronto on The Devil's Doorbell

      Thank you Yutka for your kind comments. I have published two novels on Amazon “When Terror Strikes” and “The negotiator” https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0787MNBJ3 and: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BD4YX72 I also have a book of short stories entitled ” A Sting in the Tale” https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FTVYMWQ

      Go to comment
      2019/12/13 at 7:43 pm
      • Yutka

        From Yutka on The Devil's Doorbell

        Thank you for telling me. I just ordered your short stories, look forward to them! I saw you write under “john” but also “Anthony”. Which one are you?
        Greetings

        Go to comment
        2019/12/14 at 6:47 pm
        • pronto

          From pronto on The Devil's Doorbell

          I use both names to publish. The book I’m working on now is on a controversial subject so I’m considering using a pen name.

          Go to comment
          2019/12/15 at 12:38 am