danploy

Change your cover photo
Upload
danploy
Change your cover photo
This user account status is Approved

This user has not added any information to their profile yet.

I was born in Portsmouth on the south coast of England at lunchtime on 7th November, 1957, the same day as the Museum of Modern Art was opened in New York in 1929. I left school at 16, a move prompted by the admission of girls. I have worked as an electronic engineer most of my life, and for about half of that have run my own companies. A vague competence has seen one of my designs feature occasionally on the CSI TV programs, sell to customers such as Lockheed and NASA, and achieve senior membership of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. For 'fun' I studied for a Masters degree in art history which I attained in 2007. I left the UK in 2004 and have lived and worked in Singapore, Canada and Saraburi, Thailand for 8 years, where my wife, Ploy, still lives with our three adopted dogs, Pinky, Perky and Pookie. In 2017 I moved back to the UK and I now live in Ayr, Scotland. I started writing seriously once we were settled in Thailand, intially intending to write non-fiction books on art and electronics. Those books are still in the pending tray, and instead I first released an account of my travels since leaving the UK, Home Thoughts from a Man. This was followed by the first 'George' novel, George and the Rabbit, and its sequel George and the Armadillo. It am currently working on my fourth book, The Forgotten Tenors.